Dead Ringers-Criterion

Started by NEON MERCURY, June 01, 2003, 11:35:18 PM

NEON MERCURY

Anyone who is lucky enough to own this bad-ass piece of work would you happen to give insight to David C. 's comm. track  about this film , other fatures, etc.  Also cover art details-Since it is OOP- i am just being cuRious.
thanksinadvance

bonanzataz

you could probably find a cheap copy on ebay or half.com if you were so inclined. i have it after "borrowing" it (and robocop) from a friend.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

It is a great commentary track. Goes into all aspects of the production; very detailed. Cronenberg's input is especially personal. The motion capture footage of filming Irons is interesting, how he was able to be two characters and keep them distinct when playing off a stand-in, and also how, with what seem like remedial techniques now, they were able to make the illusion so seemless. And the gallery of drawings for the medical instruments is just fascinating.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

godardian

Quote from: MacGuffinAnd the gallery of drawings for the medical instruments is just fascinating.

Yes, I particuarly remember those. Re-watching the movie after seeing the care and exactitude that went into that part of it, it adds this whole extra sculpture/performance-art piece level to it.

This all may just inspire me to pull out my copy and watch it all the way through w/ commentary (haven't done so yet).
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

modage

Cronenberg rings in new HBO series
Source: Variety

David Cronenberg is teaming with HBO on a series adaptation of his 1988 cult thriller "Dead Ringers."

Paybox has ordered a pilot script, which Wesley StrickWesley Strick ("Cape Fear") will write and Cronenberg will direct. Cronenberg and Strick will both exec produce along with feature producer Carol Baum ("The Good Girl""The Good Girl").

Morgan Creek Prods. is on board to produce.

The original film "Dead Ringers" is the story of twin gynecologists, both played by Jeremy Irons, who go insane after becoming romantically involved with the same woman.

Cronenberg's most recent TV work was a guest starring role on the ABC spy drama "Alias."

He is attached to helmhelm and produce "London Fields," based on Martin Amis' 1991 novel of the same name about a promiscuous psychic troubled by disturbing premonitions. Project was packaged by ICM.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.