Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Mesh

SoNowThen

Quote from: European Son[/list]

Just bought. First listen today.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

godardian

I'm also deeply into:

and

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: godardian

I've seen them live! They are great!

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwai

I've never liked this one.

subversiveproductions

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00008YJDA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg">alkaline trio- good mourning
www.bloodlessriot.blogspot.com
let me pour my heart out to you strangers.

www.anewnothing.com
smile from ear to blood-dripping ear

subversiveproductions

Quote from: Mesh

Bright Eyes - Lifted or The Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground

I guess I'm on a "Pretentious Albums with Long Titles" kick.

sorry for the double post, but dammit this is a good album.
www.bloodlessriot.blogspot.com
let me pour my heart out to you strangers.

www.anewnothing.com
smile from ear to blood-dripping ear

Pubrick

Quote from: godardianI'm also deeply into:
and
i know u were away a while, but for future reference u can only be listening to one album per post. and when the title is not clearly shown u should write it underneath, otherwise we can't be influenced by u! and that would be tragic. thanksabunch.
under the paving stones.

Dirk

At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

©brad

on my puter

in my car

Sleuth

Your computer is a lot cooler than your car
I like to hug dogs

Sigur Rós

That guy on the Incubus cover looks like GDIDM's avatar....

TenseAndSober

aclockworkjj

I know it's probably been here, but this is what I am listening to...

Sigur Rós

This is all I ever smoke!