Quote from: KJ on June 14, 2018, 01:47:53 PM
the new SOPHIE album is mindblowingly fucking good

this is my favorite song of the year so far. it's pure joy

Drenk

Quote from: KJ on June 16, 2018, 06:10:47 PM
Quote from: KJ on June 14, 2018, 01:47:53 PM
the new SOPHIE album is mindblowingly fucking good

this is my favorite song of the year so far. it's pure joy

I half listened to the album. It's really not my thing.
Ascension.

Lottery

She's clearly technically gifted and her sound design is impressive but the songs aren't particularly good and some of the production is rather obnoxious at times. Fantastic album cover though.

Bit like Arca in a way. Cutting edge, progressive artists known for their challenging production and that have already made their mark on modern pop music. But Arca makes better stuff.

Robyn

what do people mean when they say the sound design is good, but the production bad? I've seen several people say that regarding this album, and I don't hear it/understand it.

Lottery

The sounds she finds and makes are fascinating and fresh but the way they're used isn't always effective (the composition is lacking too) and sometimes she overdoes it so it becomes more annoying than enjoyable to listen to. And I usually don't have issues with abrasive music. There's moments of brilliance on the album but overall it's not for me.

Drenk

Ascension.

Nails9

WKBB*I/S*NotTP*SSotCB*OS & r.i.p.b.m.

Drenk

Ascension.

jenkins

lol @ the album's name: Norman Fucking Rockwell

she's a mellow finger on the pulse imo. i think she's mellow. Jack Antonoff is her producer on the new album. i think they sound a bit like what life feels like

jenkins

they're literally, factually speaking, both dead

QuoteOn August 17, 2018, Makonnen announced a new Lil Peep single titled "Falling Down", a reworking of "Sunlight on Your Skin" that he recorded with Peep in the fall of 2017 in London. The new version features recently deceased rapper XXXTentacion, who recorded his verses following Peep's death.

Nails9

WKBB*I/S*NotTP*SSotCB*OS & r.i.p.b.m.

Sleepless

Need some music suggestions to listen to at work please. Typically listen via Amazon Music. Have been listening to a lot of Mogwai, Chromatics, Air... would like more similar-sounding stuff. Go.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Drenk

You might like Burst Apart by The Antlers.
Ascension.

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.