Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Pedro

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoob
Quote from: Pedro the Wombat

Didn't agree with the Mindless Self Indulgence, though...But great pick with Dead Kennedys!
thank ya kindly sir....
for now though

Find Your Magali

The four CDs I listen to while salvaging mediocre newspaper copy:

1. Magnolia - score
2. Kind of Blue - Miles Davis
3. Workers Playtime - Billy Bragg
4. Punch-Drunk Love - soundtrack

Sigur Rós

The Neptunes present.....clones

Elbow - Cast of thousands

Kev Hoffman

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Your magical music tastes strike again!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pedro

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoob

Your magical music tastes strike again!
BWAH HAHAHA!
let see if you can handle this

EDIT: 30 pages.  god damn.  Thanks for the thread, Mesh.  It's about my favorite.

smash

King Crimson - In The Court of the Crimson King

Sigur Rós

Quote from: smash
King Crimson - In The Court of the Crimson King

:yabbse-thumbup:

moonshiner

the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Pwaybloe

Hmmm... that just doesn't look like it should be a cover for a Roots album, does it?  

Ghetto thugs, they are not.

SoNowThen

just got Kings Of Leon album...
hope it's good...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Sleuth

Les Savy Fav - Go Forth
I like to hug dogs

Pedro

Cursive - The Ugly Organ

phil marlowe

the dillinger escape plan - calculating infinity. the craziest and best grind/mathcore album you could ever imagine. i don't think there is one single riff on the entire album in 4/4. i don't get it.

Pedro

Quote from: phil marlowe
the dillinger escape plan - calculating infinity. the craziest and best grind/mathcore album you could ever imagine. i don't think there is one single riff on the entire album in 4/4. i don't get it.
FUCK YES!  Glad someone else digs it....I like Calculating a lot better than Irony is a dead scene....patton doesn't match the craziness as much...