Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

European Son

aclockworkjj

THIS MOMENT:

btw...this is a good thread...I have found a lot of great music cause of it....

Cecil

aclockworkjj

Quote from: cecil b. demented

good fuckin' call....till this day they are one of the best shows I have ever seen.....

Mesh

Quote from: aclockworkjjbtw...this is a good thread...I have found a lot of great music cause of it....

Yeah, that, and I just like to know what people around me are into, in general and at any given moment.  Also, it's just "Now Playing," not "What do you think is cool this week?"

This morning, (just to see what it was like) I put on:

SoNowThen

I am in a bizarre soundtrack mood lately, and have been repeating:

PDL
Gangs Of New York
Bob Dylan's Pat Garret & Billy The Kid
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

aclockworkjj

at work with this:

jokerspath

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: aclockworkjjat work with this:

F-u-c-k-i-n-g great.

Try Kinda Blue....i'm sure you'll dig it.  8)
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

aclockworkjj

yeah, I have that too....Coltrane and Davis together....wooohoo!!

chainsmoking insomniac

Phenomenal, right? Whew!
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Pedro

Quote from: aclockworkjjyeah, I have that too....Coltrane and Davis together....wooohoo!!
Coltrane is the shit.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat
Coltrane is the shit.

Hehehe..Pedro, it looks like he is tooting on something other than his horn there!!!!

RegularKarate

Quote from: Mesh
This morning, (just to see what it was like) I put on:

Just out of curriosity, how was it?  They're from here, I've met them a few times, they're friends with some band friends of mine.

Never really brought myself to listen, I think I might have heard one song on some shitty soundtrack somewhere... gave me too much of a Korn feel to really listen any more.