Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

jokerspath

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Sigur Rós

Who are these guys? I love them!

Mesh

Quote from: Sigur Rós

Who are these guys? I love them!

Idaho indie rock band that got signed to Warner Bros. in, like, 1996.  Doug Martsch is the driving force behind them: solid songwriter, fascinating lyricist, and the Jimi Hendrix of indie rock guitar.  Keep It Like A Secret is the excellent follow-up to their breakthrough album, Perfect From Now On, which has a more ambitious, expansive sound and is far less poppy and upbeat.  My highest, highest recommendation on both of those albums.  Going a bit further back, you come to There's Nothing Wrong With Love, which, though a bit immature sounding, still has some fantastic moments and displays all the key ingredients that would make BTS so inimitable on upcoming releases...Get that one too, if you see it for cheap.

Sleuth

Modest Mouse is better!
I like to hug dogs

jokerspath

If you dig Built To Spill, check out Grandaddy.  Some strong similarites (both great bands)...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Sigur Rós

Quote from: jokerspathIf you dig Built To Spill, check out Grandaddy.  Some strong similarites (both great bands)...

aw

Yeah, I've got the new Grandaddy album!

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

European Son

Pedro

Quote from: European Son
What is this?

Sleuth

I believe that's Dinnerhead's new album Lightmouth
I like to hug dogs

European Son

Haha. Nope, it's Mars Volta's debut album De-loused in the Comatorium that was released today. This record is nuts! Not nuts as in intense, nuts as in mentally unstable! I still haven't recovered from my first listen.

Pubrick

hah i believed trem for a second. when the cover doesn't reveal the title, type it underneath.

unless it's a secret, then we shouldn't be hearing about it in the first place.
under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: tremoloslothI believe that's Dinnerhead's new album Lightmouth

hehe

jokerspath

Quote from: European SonHaha. Nope, it's Mars Volta's debut album De-loused in the Comatorium that was released today. This record is nuts! Not nuts as in intenese, nuts as in mentally unstable! I still haven't recovered from my first listen.

I concur.  Ridiculous album...

aw

ps-next time I'll put the title underneath.
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Mesh

Can - Monster Movie