What are we reading?

Started by edison, September 21, 2003, 11:20:03 PM

Quote from: picolas;my record for most books getting semi-not-read at the same time.
dunno which to focus on.. barely reading any. 'cept finishing conversations...

, , , .

Survivor should be the last.

there, there you have it,  i don't like Chuck Palahniuk.
context, context, context.

Pas

Quote from: SlorgI can't understand when people read multiple books

It's cause it doesn't happen

Tommy Both

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: CinephileI can't understand when people have multiple orgasms.

Fear of commitment.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

molly

xerxes

just read:
you shall know our velocity
how to be good
life of pi

next in line:
white teeth

classical gas

Quote from: Chuckhimselfo en Madrid.
there, there you have it,  i don't like Chuck Palahniuk.

Neither do I.

The Silver Bullet

RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

SoNowThen

and I'm chasing it with Schrader On Schrader.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Film Student

can't decide which to focus on, but currently reading:

A Confederacy of Dunces
The Sun Also Rises
Beat Cinema
Underground U.S.A.
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: tommy_both

I just finished and loved this

myadopteddaughter

mmm, mmmm good

"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

cine

Just purchased and loving this book  :-D  :-D  :-D

meatwad