PTA Fires Back!!!!!!!!!!

Started by depooter, November 17, 2003, 06:59:27 PM

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanLet ebeaman speak.
who isn't?  Let's stone the fucker!!!... :wink:

Honestly, i tried watchin' the first LOTR (6 different times) and have yet to actually sit through it.  Never saw the 2nd, and have no desire to see the 3rd.  I can respect it technically, but other than that...nothing.

You Can Count on Me tho...there's a pick!

RegularKarate

If anyone shits out another opinion on LOR in my PT thread, I'm gonna ban them.

that Q&A gave me a boner

Gold Trumpet

RegularKarate

Oh, I'm banning you right now...

and by "banning", I mean shaking my fist at the computer screen

Duck Sauce

ebeaman and aclockworkjj, you are invited to hang out in my skyscraper once im a billionaire anytime you want....

maybe we could not watch the terrible LOTR movies and chat a bit

Gamblour.

Quote from: RegularKarateOh, I'm banning you right now...

and by "banning", I mean shaking my fist at the computer screen

"Shake harda boy!" (very obscure Simpsons quote...)
WWPTAD?

SoNowThen

LOTR is great.

You Can Count On Me is sooo fucking overrated it's not even funny.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: SoNowThenYou Can Count On Me is sooo fucking overrated it's not even funny.
I wasn't under the impression that it was suppose to be a comedic film... :wink:

now, if you guys really wanna see someone get banned....hehehe.

Gamblour.

Quote from: SoNowThen
You Can Count On Me is sooo fucking overrated it's not even funny.

Wtf...how?
WWPTAD?

SoNowThen

shit cinematography, shit sound, boring boring boring shots, shit music

If I wanted to see a stage play with decent actors, I'd see one. I thought I was watching a movie. Don't get me wrong, I don't really think it's a bad film, but I would never call it good.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

©brad

i, too, will join RK in his banning spree. it's too much for just one person.

Quote from: Duck Sauceebeaman and aclockworkjj, you are invited to hang out in my skyscraper once im a billionaire anytime you want....

maybe we could not watch the terrible LOTR movies and chat a bit

sounds like a good time... NOT! who's bringing the smirnoff ice?

Gamblour.

Quote from: SoNowThenshit cinematography, shit sound, boring boring boring shots, shit music

How were these things shit? I don't remember anything being particularly bad about the cinematography, sound, or the shots. Boring shots? How can that be a complaint as long as what's happening in the shot is good? As for the music, the only I can recall was the solo cello piece by Bach, and I don't know how that can be called shit.
WWPTAD?

SoNowThen

It looked like a movie made cheap (which I know it was). I thought the production design, the costumes, and the colors were very blah. Not blah in a way that helps the story, but just plain not good. I found the music to not add much at all to my experience, or the story. I found the shot selection the work of a very safe and lackluster director. In short, it had all the pitfalls of a cheap indie movie, and it's only so called saving grace was a fairly "naturalistic" story, and some good acting. There was still some hokey stuff (the beginning with the parents dying was just kinda silly). I understand why people would praise it, the story is kinda like how I used to want to write. Supposed to be subtle, not too much happens, emotions and personal relationships and blah blah. It just did nothing for me. I feel like it was Alexander Payne on cruise control. He works in a sorta similar feel and setting and presentation, but he did it brilliantly in Election and About Schmidt. If that makes any sense...

NEON MERCURY

..YCCOM is good choice..like i said earlier its all about Ruffalo..Eez28..
..he's got a good sense of humor...
..his answers were good...
that was a good Q&A..thanks Greg........