Started by Ernie, June 14, 2003, 03:46:45 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Duck SauceAsk him if he ever went to the PTanderson.com forums

pshhh...

Pubrick

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: Duck SauceAsk him if he ever went to the PTanderson.com forums

pshhh...
do me a favor ebea and don't represent this board in any way.
under the paving stones.

Cecil

hey eb, you should represent the board for us

Pedro

Quote from: cecil b. dementedhey eb, you should represent the board for us
seriously...good idea.  Maybe mention it slightly if you get to talk to him...he might remember it.

But then again.  If I was PTA i'd be a little scared to see obsessive fans bitch at each other and host home film festivals....might be a tad bit obsessive like for my taste....

Ernie

Quote from: mdebeaman..i will see you there.  Cant wait, ordering my tickets tommorow.  We should chill before or some shiznat.  Any particular questions anyone thinks I should ask him at the q and a?

Oh cool man, I was wondering if you were still coming here...hadn't seen you too much lately. And yeah, I've been trying to think of some questions...I'll let you know if I think of any really worthwhile, cause I'm not going to ask him anything, I'm pussing out. I'll definitely meet him and have him sign something and all that but no questions. I didn't really know there was going to be a Q and A, that's awesome.

By the way, I wanted to ask you...what's going on with that Young Filmmaker's Festival, is it still going on or what? I hadn't seen it advertised or anything? Oh, and how's your short coming along? Hope it's going well.

And just to everybody, I don't think I can handle representing xixax. That's too big for me. I think I'll listen to P for once. I'd love to at least mention it to him but I'll be way too shy and starstruck to do something like that. Hasn't Greg told him about it yet? I think him and Xixax himself are the ones that really have the right to talk to the man himself as it is their work, right?

Pedro

Quote from: ebeamanHasn't Greg told him about it yet? I think him and Xixax himself are the ones that really have the right to talk to the man himself as it is their work, right?
Add Michael Wilson to that as well...this is his place, really.

MacGuffin

Mr. Xixax is Michael Wilson. They're the same person.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pedro

Quote from: MacGuffinMr. Xixax is Michael Wilson. They're the same person.
I know i know... :oops:
im not a patient reader...

Sigur Rós

You should have him make a Xixax.com commercial. Maybe something like "Hi, I'm Paul Thomas Anderson and you are watching xixax.com".

Anyway you have to say: "I'm such a great admire of your work! Boogie Nights really spoke to me on a personal level."

Ernie

Quote from: Sigur RósYou should have him make a Xixax.com commercial. Maybe something like "Hi, I'm Paul Thomas Anderson and you are watching xixax.com".

Anyway you have to say: "I'm such a great admire of your work! Boogie Nights really spoke to me on a personal level."

Lol, if I do say anything...I'm just going to be myself. I was thinking about how I should learn some big words and think of some big metaphors so I can talk to him and stuff but thinking about it now...he's not really that type of guy...at least it seems. I'm not saying he's shallow, he's just seemingly a really cool, non-intellectual guy that loves film and would love any fan, even if they're kinda dumb and love his movies for different reasons.

I don't want to say something specific at all either...cause I love all of his movies so much. I don't want to praise any one of his movies. I'd have to say something really broad and general to cover it all.

Alethia

anybody know the exact address? i dont live in rochester, i live like 2 hrs west of it

neatahwanta

George Eastman House
International Museum of Photography and Film
900 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14607
(585) 271-3361
FAX (585) 271-3970

godardian

I love seeing famous people I admire in person.

But I hate meeting them. Especially if I have to speak.

This is why I'm half-glad PTA is not coming anywhere near my town. As far as I know. Living in the same town as Todd Haynes and Gus van Sant for so many years was quite enough to give me an ulcer, thank you.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Duck Sauce

prepare a list of simpson-nerd like questions and ask them in simpson-nerd like voice...

"in scene 7 at :32 seconds on the Magnolia DVD...."

Alethia