God

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, June 01, 2003, 04:30:22 AM

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: SoNowThenI think that was beautiful, what you just said.

thank you, i would expect kind words from a man who has the good taste to know that the late 60's and earlly 70's were the rolling stones best era

fucking mick taylor is amazing, but history sweeps him under the rug

does it get better then " sway"

Cecil

i like kevin smith. and yes, THAT way

SoNowThen

Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackMan
Quote from: SoNowThenI think that was beautiful, what you just said.

thank you, i would expect kind words from a man who has the good taste to know that the late 60's and earlly 70's were the rolling stones best era

fucking mick taylor is amazing, but history sweeps him under the rug

does it get better then " sway"

Exactly!! The fucking forgotten song. Love the count in "...one, two, three..." then Keith's chords chug in. Whew. But really, who thinks different about the Stones? I mean, I love Ronnie Wood, and I think Black and Blue is a tres underrated album, and Some Girls is fucking classic, but geez, Mick Taylor might be the most underrated lead guitarist ever. They say that he could just pick up and do ALL of Clapton's stuff by heart, he had it cold. And the Brian Jones era, c'mon, great singles, but only when they started turning his mic down did they record brilliant albums. Yep, doesn't really get any better. Cept maybe the cooldown of Moonlight Mile. I wish they wouldn't have named a movie after it.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

mick taylor is the most under rated guitarist ever

he had no social charisma, but boy could he play guitar

argh i was about to re write " ziggy stardust"

Miccccccccccky Played GuiTarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

everyone loves the stones right, but that fucking era was just wow

rocks off , sway, sweet virginia

i like memory motel from black and blue, its a weird country soul hybrid

have you seen cocksuckers blues, the documentry of the exile tour

Its just that demon life thats got me in its swayyyyyy

that song is fukcing heroin, so goooood so good so good

love the stones

SoNowThen

Everytime someone promises me a bad bootleg copy of Cocksucker Blues, I never get it. Fuck.

Yeah, there's moments in Torn And Frayed and Shine A Light, I dunno, pure musical nirvana. It's roughness achieves perfection.

Hey, as a fellow Stones fan, you might know this: I have this copy of live bootlegs and unreleased stuff, but it's all unlabelled. There's this song, it sounds late 70's era Stones, with the lyrics "don't change, don't let nobody change ya"... and it's got some hot sax playing. It's kind of a groove tune... but I can't seem to figure out the title of it. I don't know if it's a cover, or if it's an unreleased track. You have any idea?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Cecil

... and after the great storm passed, there was tranquility and a new sense of friendship. xixax.com is peaceful for now, but... for how long....

Argh i know what your talkin about, it sounds like emotinol rescue era right

im kinda out of it right now, but it will come to me

by the way musical nirvana that is so dead on perfect

Let the gooooood lord shine a light on me

im gonna go lie down now , brb as my party people on the net say

Jon

This whole thing was fucking sick.

SoNowThen

Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackManArgh i know what your talkin about, it sounds like emotinol rescue era right

im kinda out of it right now, but it will come to me

by the way musical nirvana that is so dead on perfect

Let the gooooood lord shine a light on me

im gonna go lie down now , brb as my party people on the net say

Yes! Emotional Rescue era, very close to the same feeling as the Dance Part 1 and 2 tracks. We're so close...

Mesh

Quote from: godardian
I think if someone is threatening to ban people in a situation like that, it's a little scary that they actually have the unilateral ability to do so.

It basically sucks and should be changed.  I'd much rather have one mod in charge of bannings: that way, if a consensus forms that some boarder has got to go, so be it.

If a consensus forms that I've got to go, so be it.  It's just that random threats could turn this into a Be Nice popularity contest.  I don't always want to Be Nice, nor do I think always doing so makes for an interesting board.

BTW, p has since dismissed his threat as a joke.....so......I'm over it.

Mesh

Quote from: RegularKarate
I think that Mesh is being a tad ridiculous

Totally.  I am, probably, at different points in the thread....no more than others in it.

Quote from: RegularKarateI'm not defending Mesh, really... he can be quite the unreasonable prick at times.

A prick? Sure.  I tend to fight fire with fire, I suppose.  Unreasonable?  Less likely.

Either way, this is me.  Give me a few hundred more posts; I bet my style will become more acceptable to you guys in time.  We'll see.

Pubrick

Quote from: MeshBTW, p has since dismissed his threat as a joke.....so......I'm over it.
Quote from: Pi'm gonna hav to do sumthin horrible to ur face.. uh, and posting abilities.
how could that be taken seriously? if i was gonna ban u i'd do it silently, u wouldn't be missed.

next time don't pretend to be so mortified by sum fuckin joke. and for the record i never said "just kidding".
under the paving stones.

Mesh

Quote from: Pif i was gonna ban u i'd do it silently, u wouldn't be missed.

Does anyone here think this kinda threatening shit is good for this discussion board?  p,  if there was a poll about this fuckin' 8th grade, kids' stuff, it would not come out in your favor.*

*At least for the sake of the board, I hope not.

SoNowThen

Yeah, this is all getting too harsh. Let's each one of us agree to disagree. I mean, after all, we each love Magnolia in our own ways, right? That should be good enough.

It's kinda funny, we all like PTA, and yet his forum seems to be the one with the most arguments...

But most of all, I would like to get back to me and Santa's Stones discussion :)

Mesh

Quote from: SoNowThen
It's kinda funny, we all like PTA, and yet his forum seems to be the one with the most arguments...

Stands to reason.  You're more likely to vigorously defend your position on something if you truly care about it.  The interpretation of Magnolia is a subject I find myself caring about; I don't like to hear reductive readings of it, and I'll refute them when I can.