Treme (from the creator of the wire)

Started by Pubrick, April 14, 2010, 11:06:21 AM

squints

Quote from: pete on May 10, 2010, 09:12:34 PM
celebrity cameo overall.

what does this mean?

I think this last one was the best yet. The characters are in place and the story's coming together nicely. Much like in the wire, just when you think things are going well someone gets (SPOIL?) capped.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Sleepless

Really really love this show, probably my favorite show on TV right now. Although I haven't yet gotten a chance to watch the finale yet.

The music, obviously is awesome... I'm gonna put me together a playlist of some of the featured tracks. Anyone else downloaded some of these yet? Any recommendations?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

squints

Don't think the finale's aired yet. These episodes keep getting better but....some of these musicians that pop up randomly are HORRIBLE actors.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Sleepless

My bad. For some reason since there was no episode Memorial weekend I thought the week before's was the final episode. So glad I was wrong.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Stefen

So is this show worth watching or is it just hype based on The Wire?

Be honest.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

The wire wasn't a one hit wonder. Everything these freaks make has been worth watching, most recently Generation Kill. So you shouldn't hav any trouble believing this is worth watching beyond hype value. Although really this is just more hype :/
under the paving stones.

squints

Well so far I'd say I'm not as completely in to it as I was with the first season of the wire. But the possibilities of where it could go are definitely intriguing. Like i said before though some of the acting is awful and steve zahn's story gets pretty silly at times. But there is a lot going on thats really interesting and I can imagine if it ran for three or more seasons we might start to see some of this oil spill mess. new orleans is just getting constantly shit on, it starts to make baltimore not look so bad.

Stefen

So what you're saying is I should hold off until season five then devour it all?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

I dunno who writes these shows, but it's pretty different from the wire.  there much less suspense and the plot is much less complicated.  it hooks the audience with amazing music and characters, and you care about them and wanna find out what happens to their lives and how they are going to re-build after losing so much.  it's structured like a comedy that way though it does not aim to make you laugh.
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

The Wire was funny, though, Marlo tending to his pigeons was pretty funny.

pete

- Buster Keaton

©brad

Stefen start watching immediately, it's fantastic (and very funny).

Fernando

this damn thing took forever to steal but finally catched up til episode 8, so glad to be in the bandwagon although it took me longer than I thought.

I have a huge crush on Annie, and I want to punch in the face that dutch douche piano player, I hope she gets rid of him.

modage

Quote from: P on June 07, 2010, 01:47:28 AM
The wire wasn't a one hit wonder. Everything these freaks make has been worth watching, most recently Generation Kill. So you shouldn't hav any trouble believing this is worth watching beyond hype value. Although really this is just more hype :/

Is it slower than Mad Men?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.