Scarlett Johansson

Started by ono, January 13, 2004, 11:16:22 PM

Chest Rockwell

Are you implying her career will turn to shits soon? I bet it won't, for some reason. I mean, hell, she's already pretty well-known now with LIT and all, and she's well-respected for her ability. I just hope she won't always pick movie like The Perfect Score, because goddamn she's so much better than that movie. I guess right now she's at that point in her career where it can still fall, but if she keeps doing good movies she'll be fine. Shes only 19 and she's already been in more movie's i liked than....well...any other actress. Ghost World, MWWT, Lost in Translation, GWAPE, etc. I seriously can't think of any other actress in more than two or three that I really liked. Much less she's really good in all the movies I've seen her in.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Chest RockwellAre you implying her career will turn to shits soon? I bet it won't, for some reason.

....i just saying she better watch it........i understand the paycheck movie(i.e. the perfect score)...but if you keep taking parts based on $$$$$$$  people soon forget the lost in trnnslations and ghost worlds..{walbergh and harnett} ????......

...i was scared the watts would fall offf after mulholland.....but damnn....she's on fire..........

"never let me down"........naomi

Chest Rockwell

Over the weekend I bought a magazine with her on the cover: Hollywood Life...and it has a pretty cool interview with her, as well as many nice photos.  She has one of the best quotes I've ever seen made by an actor:

'Q: I've gotten a lot of mirth out of Oscar acceptance speeches, especialy in the past few years. Are you with me on this?
Scarlett: They can be so goofy, like the ones where they say, "I'd like to thank our Lors Jesus up above!" I'm like. "For the love of God, keep your mouth shut. That's why the world is so fucked up, because God is focusing solely on your career." And how about being "blessed"? Like you're an angel from on high?'

polkablues

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: Chest RockwellAre you implying her career will turn to shits soon? I bet it won't, for some reason.

....i just saying she better watch it........i understand the paycheck movie(i.e. the perfect score)...but if you keep taking parts based on $$$$$$$  people soon forget the lost in trnnslations and ghost worlds..{walbergh and harnett} ????......

I'm pretty sure "Perfect Score" was shot BEFORE "Lost in Translation" or "Girl With A Pearl Earring" or any of that good stuff.  It sat on the shelf for a while before they decided to release it.  And even Scarlett Johanssen needs to pay rent.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pas

Quote from: Chest RockwellOver the weekend I bought a magazine with her on the cover: Hollywood Life...and it has a pretty cool interview with her, as well as many nice photos.  She has one of the best quotes I've ever seen made by an actor:

'Q: I've gotten a lot of mirth out of Oscar acceptance speeches, especialy in the past few years. Are you with me on this?
Scarlett: They can be so goofy, like the ones where they say, "I'd like to thank our Lors Jesus up above!" I'm like. "For the love of God, keep your mouth shut. That's why the world is so fucked up, because God is focusing solely on your career." And how about being "blessed"? Like you're an angel from on high?'

Haha she's politicaly incorrect that's always nice.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: polkablues
Quote from: NEON MERCURY

I'm pretty sure "Perfect Score" was shot BEFORE "Lost in Translation" or "Girl With A Pearl Earring" or any of that good stuff.  It sat on the shelf for a while before they decided to release it.  And even Scarlett Johanssen needs to pay rent.

That's actually what I was thinking, too.  I remember some company held off showing Phone Booth for a year or so to wait for Calin Farrel to release some titles that would make him a household name first. Now, I don't know if that's the case here, but I do find it odd that Perfect Score was released only months following her success in LIT and GWAPE, and weeks from all the awards she won. I really hope Perfect Score doesn't fuck up her career, though she was also in Eight Legged Freaks and still went in some good movies.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Chest RockwellI really hope Perfect Score doesn't fuck up her career, though she was also in Eight Legged Freaks and still went in some good movies.

Zooey Deschanel was in "The New Guy" and "Big Trouble" after "Almost Famous" and "The Good Girl" and her career hasn't suffered from it.

And "Eight Legged Freaks" wasn't that bad. It's was kinda like a mixture of "Gremlins" and "Tremors" with spiders.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

Scarlett Johansson is on the cover of Movieline's Hollywood Life Magazine (February 2004).  She looks as beautiful as ever.  I will provide scans tomorrow of the pictures and article tomorrow, weather permitting (it may snow here, so I may not be able to get to the scanner -- we'll see).

EDIT:
Quote from: Chest RockwellOver the weekend I bought a magazine with her on the cover: Hollywood Life...and it has a pretty cool interview with her, as well as many nice photos. She has one of the best quotes I've ever seen made by an actor:
Shit, I didn't even see that.  If you still want the scans, let me know.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

There are some beautiful pics in the magazine that aren't up there.  Still, that saves me a bit of time.

Chest Rockwell

Haha! Beat you to it, Ono!

Sigur Rós

Chest Rockwell

Hot damn is right, big fella'.

You Never Got Me Down Ray

My life has taken another turn again. The days move along with regularity, over and over. One day indistinguishable from the next. A long, continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is change.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: You Never Got Me Down RayI wanna marry her.

Ray, you're out of your element. I've already claimed her. Hell, I even licked her.