Scarlett Johansson

Started by ono, January 13, 2004, 11:16:22 PM

Chest Rockwell

Well, knowing Hollywood, and knowing their age difference, I'd say it'll probably be just a fling that will probably never relaly amount to much. Besides sex, that is.

MacGuffin

Scarlett Johansson in Napoleon and Betsy
Source: Variety

Lost in Translation star Scarlett Johansson will star in Lions Gate's Napoleon and Betsy, a pitch for a drama about the friendship between Napoleon Bonaparte and a young British girl.

Johansson pitched the tale with Rebecca B. Kennedy, the scribe who is scripting the tale. They're putting together a short list for Napoleon, says Variety. The film is on track to begin shooting in the fall.

The project tells the story of the emperor's final years, as seen through the girl's eyes. Initially defiant and planning to escape, Bonaparte tries to enlist her in his fantasy to regrasp power, but eventually becomes resigned to his fate.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Bethie

I just read all 14 pages. Now what am I supposed to do?
who likes movies anyway

Chest Rockwell

The Napolean movie sounds pretty cool, actually.

I read in MovieMaker magazine that Scarlett wants to direct and produce one day. Some studio asshole even said something to the effect of, 'She'll make a fine director.' I'm not sure she'd be a great director, but I'd like to see her effort. She seems to have a good creative mind for cinema and seems to know what will make a good film, just looking at her decisions in the past year. Any comments?

Pubrick

if anything, this Betsy film will teach kids to spell Napoleon correctly.
under the paving stones.

Pas

Quote from: Chest RockwellShe seems to have a good creative mind for cinema and seems to know what will make a good film, just looking at her decisions in the past year. Any comments?

Not really true, she has never really "selected" a role before now.

NEON MERCURY

poor scarlett.......it gets worse and worse.....

chest...here are some other options:

1.) the ever popular naomi watts bandwagon....i have been a member since mulholland

2.) maggie gyllenhaal..i have been a member since secretary

3.) JOHN LITHGOW

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Pubrickif anything, this Betsy film will teach kids to spell Napoleon correctly.
Oops. Tipo.
Quote from: NEON MERCURYpoor scarlett.......it gets worse and worse.....

chest...here are some other options:

1.) the ever popular naomi watts bandwagon....i have been a member since mulholland

2.) maggie gyllenhaal..i have been a member since secretary

3.) JOHN LITHGOW
I've been on the Naomi Watts bandwagon since I first saw Mulholland Drive a while back (mind you, this was way way back when I just a little movie-fanatic-embryo, before even The Ring came out).

But I'm still holding out for Scarlett. Maybe I've lied before when I've said one of her up-and-coming releases looked all right, but I'm genuinely looking forward to Synergy. That at least looks good.

At least she's not going the teeny-bopper route as do most idiots her age.

Chest Rockwell

So I saw The Horse Whisperer for the first time in forever last night on the We channel, and I was actually surprised by how great Scarlett is in it. She really provides the best performance in that movie, in my opinion.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Chest Rockwellthe We channel

.....whats the "We" channel?......

MacGuffin

Quote from: NEON MERCURY.....whats the "We" channel?......

Women's Entertainment
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: NEON MERCURY.....whats the "We" channel?......

Women's Entertainment

.......is it a  cool channel or is it something like my mother would watch(i.e Lifetime network) .....i don't have cable.....that extra $40 or so dollars goes to dvds and other stuff instead of cable.....

Chest Rockwell

It's not really a great channel. They show fashion and gardening and regular woman-crap. They also show chick-flicks. My mom told me it was on (I had been looking to see it again for obvious reasons), so I watched it.

MacGuffin

Johansson, Baldwin & Tambor Voicing SpongeBob
Source: Variety

Nickelodeon Movies has signed up Scarlett Johansson, Alec Baldwin and Jeffrey Tambor for voice work in Paramount's animated The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, opening on November 19.

Directed by Stephen Hillenburg, creator of the series, the story centers on the irrepressible SpongeBob's efforts to retrieve King Neptune's stolen crown. The film was written by Hillenburg, Derek Drymon, Tim Hill, Kent Osborne, Aaron Springer and Paul Tibbitt.

Nickelodeon also announced it has lined up an estimated $150 million in promo support from Mitsubishi, Burger King, the Cayman Islands, Holiday Inn and candy company Perfetti Can Melle USA. Kellogg began running spots in January; tie-ins include SpongeBob-themed Pop Tarts and breakfast cereal along with SpongeBob-imprinted Eggo waffles.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

under the paving stones.