Scarlett Johansson

Started by ono, January 13, 2004, 11:16:22 PM

pookiethecat

Quote from: P
Quote from: Comte de Saint Germainmakes her just a welcome face for outcasted youth.
um no that's not it. but thanks for sharing CSG.

whatever.  i think he had a good point about johansson.  i'm still mystified by her performance in ghost world.  i can't tell if it's brilliant or just a matter of perfect direction and script, and fitting the role.
i wanna lick 'em.

Chest Rockwell

She's definitely my favorite young actress working today, and I think I'd place her high (maybe top 5) of all actresses working today. And obviously I'll have to disagree with you, CSG. Her restrained performance in Ghost World is part of what makes it so accessible. Had anyone else played the part it would not have been as successful. Her performance in Lost in Translation is equally good, and so is the one in The Man Who Wasn't There, now that i think about it. I have yet to see Girl with a Pearl Earring, but either way I think there's enough evidense to at least say she's on her way to becoming a very talented actress.

Finn

I think she's a wonderful actress. I always knew that she was good, but Lost in Translation really showed her talent.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

pete

she's like Uma Thurman with eyes slightly closer to each other.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

SoNowThen

Yes, they both have fairly "healthy chests".

Oh, and um.... I ... like .. them .. as .. actresses...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

pete

remember how hot she was in 8-legged freaks?  (she plays a matchbox 20 fan in that movie.)
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: SoNowThenYes, they both have fairly "healthy chests".

boo-yah

I realized yesterday that I'm in love with Scarlett (as some may have noticed by my thread before mogwai slapped me back into line).

mogwai

Quote from: Chest Rockwellboo-yah

I realized yesterday that I'm in love with Scarlett (as some may have noticed by my thread before mogwai slapped me back into line).
the law is the law and heck if i'm gonna break it.

Pas

I'm in love with Scarlett's character in Lost In Translation. Perfect girl ... weirdly, imagined by a girl.

Redlum

Suppose I better get in line, too. I'm love with the character,too. I wonder how different they are.

Nice picture here:

http://www.scarlettjohansson.org/lit/lit32.jpg
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

GoneSavage

Chest Rockwell

Funny thing. Donnie Darko came on the ol' TeeVee today....That wasn't very funny.

But if I had to take the Pepsi challenge with Scarlett and Jena, I know I'd choose Scarlett.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: Chest Rockwellboo-yah

the law is the law and heck if i'm gonna break it.

I applaud your efforts.

Pubrick

Quote from: GoneSavageShe's no Jena Malone.
yeah she doesn't get enuff props. i was "watching" life as a house, and the best thing about it is her height.
under the paving stones.

Myxo

She is quickly becoming my new obsession.

If she ever does a PTA film I think I would cream myself.

Not really though.