Scarlett Johansson

Started by ono, January 13, 2004, 11:16:22 PM

ono

Quote from: You Never Got Me Down RayWell since I'm fairly new here, and haven't really haven't posted much until recently, I musta missed that one. Could you so kindly redirect me?
Trying to, right before you asked me.  The search engine has failed me so far, though.  It really was quite awhile ago, so maybe it's not there anymore.  Still looking.

You Never Got Me Down Ray

Quote from: mollyI'm not married to either of you guys.

Come one, Molly! I think it's time we let our friends know.

My ex is very much into movies and she's great. But aside from that, I don't know many girls who are in love with film like she is. Besides film class girls of course, but I don't talk to people, so I wouldn't say I know them.
My life has taken another turn again. The days move along with regularity, over and over. One day indistinguishable from the next. A long, continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is change.

ono

modage

Quote from: molly
Quote from: themodernage02girls though in general, correct me if i'm wrong, are just less interested in movies though as a whole.  so theres less fanaticism/obsessiveness etc.  like how many girls do you know in 'real life' that are as into this stuff as you?

girls abandon their ambitions, because they are taught that they have to take care of the family, or they have to keep their mouth shut and look cute. They are said, often literally, that nobody, especially men, like opinionated girls. Having opinion is sometimes equal to be stuborn, disobedient, bad...
well actually the only girl i really know thats as (well, close to) into this as i am is my girlfriend.  and i encourage her to speak up about her opinions in her horror film class, although she may come off as a 'bitch', atleast its someone who knows what she's talking about.
Quote from: OnomatopoeiaI love opinionated girls myself. Unopinionated girls are boring, really.
yeah.
Quote from: Chest RockwellI'm not offended in any way. I've looked at Scarlett's boobs just as much as the next guy, but I just feel so dirty when I do. I don't mind staring at the bodies of actresses like Carmen Electra, etc., because that's all they're there for, but with Scarlett I feel sick when I think about her like that. She serves a higher purpose in her movies than just a babe. I'm sorry, it's hard to explain.
yeah when i was your age i had that with winona ryder.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

You Never Got Me Down Ray

Cool. Fair enough. I meant no disrespect to SJ or any other lady, and I am more attracted to her by her acting abilities and her intelligence. It was all in jest. I'm just not funny that's all.

I do agree with what lucinda said that we shouldn't act different in front of girls to be polite though. Yes, some things should go unsaid, but no guy is innocent on this.

And I will NEVER refer to a lady as BITCH...unless she's a bitch.

One love. Peace.
My life has taken another turn again. The days move along with regularity, over and over. One day indistinguishable from the next. A long, continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is change.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: You Never Got Me Down RayCool. Fair enough. I meant no disrespect to SJ or any other lady, and I am more attracted to her by her acting abilities and her intelligence. It was all in jest. I'm just not funny that's all.

No, it's cool. I'm just hypreventilating like a little boy is all. I've made many a comment in the past about her hotnicity. Since recently I started feeling wierd thinking about her in such a 2-dimensional way. Maybe I'm growing up, now. But do continue; at least it's been keeping this thread going for another day.

Pubrick

Quote from: mollyno, i'm not offended. I'm not married to either of you guys.
hahahaa. brilliant.
under the paving stones.

Redlum

Here's her acceptance speech at the Baftas for ya Chest:

"This is really unexpected. Thank you Bafta for recognising me as a 19-year-old American actress. I want to thank my mother Melanie for supporting me and being there for me, taking me to auditions and buying me a hotdog afterwards."
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

SoNowThen

Quote from: a whole bunch of peoplegirls abandon their ambitions, because they are taught that they have to take care of the family, or they have to keep their mouth shut and look cute. They are said, often literally, that nobody, especially men, like opinionated girls. Having opinion is sometimes equal to be stuborn, disobedient, bad...

although she may come off as a 'bitch', atleast its someone who knows what she's talking about.

I love opinionated girls myself. Unopinionated girls are boring, really.

There is a difference between someone who speaks up with an intelligent statement, and someone who runs their fucking mouth off.

And I don't know about this "girls being forced to take care of the family and abandon their ambitions", that seems really 1950 to me. I see a whole lot of the opposite where I live.

Just saying...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: ®edlumtaking me to auditions and buying me a hotdog afterwards."

She's really got a thing for fast-food.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Sigur Rós
Quote from: ®edlumtaking me to auditions and buying me a hotdog afterwards."

She's really got a thing for fast-food.

Oh well, more power to her if she can get away with it.

And thanks a bunch, ed! Where can I look at all the speeches? I'm curious to see Bill's.

Pas

Sorry Chest,

Johansson: Men My Age Are Immature

BAFTA winner Scarlett Johansson has discovered another downside of feeling older than her 19 years - men her own age are too immature to date. The self-confessed "woman trapped in a young body" - who has wowed Hollywood with her performance in Oscar-nominated Lost In Translation as a young wife falling in love with an older man - is frustrated with meeting men her own age, because she always has to make the first move. She says, "They never really come good until their thirties. In the two relationships I have been in so far, I'm always the one to initiate a kiss. I don't mean that I don't get kissed back but most of the time a large chunk of it is me going in for the kiss. It's weird." And Johansson admits she always reaches a stage in a relationship when she needs to be alone again, no matter how much she's enjoying the romance. She adds, "Being in a relationship is great because you compromise and make decisions together. But after doing that for so long I needed to be alone. I like to make my own choices."

molly

Jesus, they are asking a 19-year old about relationships...

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Pas RapportSorry Chest,

BAFTA winner Scarlett Johansson has discovered another downside of feeling older than her 19 years - men her own age are too immature to date. The self-confessed "woman trapped in a young body" - who has wowed Hollywood with her performance in Oscar-nominated Lost In Translation as a young wife falling in love with an older man - is frustrated with meeting men her own age, because she always has to make the first move. She says, "They never really come good until their thirties. In the two relationships I have been in so far, I'm always the one to initiate a kiss. I don't mean that I don't get kissed back but most of the time a large chunk of it is me going in for the kiss. It's weird." And Johansson admits she always reaches a stage in a relationship when she needs to be alone again, no matter how much she's enjoying the romance. She adds, "Being in a relationship is great because you compromise and make decisions together. But after doing that for so long I needed to be alone. I like to make my own choices."

Well y'know what? I'll show her!

Sleuth

Quote from: Chest Rockwell
Quote from: Pas RapportSorry Chest,

Well y'know what? I'll show her!

show her ur dik lolololo
I like to hug dogs