Adobe Premier Question

Started by Neil, December 16, 2009, 07:44:29 PM

Neil

So, I'm running Adobe Premier Pro 7, on a Dell Inspiron E1505.  I realize this shit is dated, but this is all i have to work with.  Regardless of this, I can't get the capturing device to go 'Online.'

It's possible this machine won't be able to do it, but it should have the ability.

Anyhow, I bought an express card, because my computer doesn't have a firewire port.  So, the express card allows me to hook up the firewire cable which runs to the 1394 (iDV) port on my sony video camera, and I can't figure out how to get it online, any suggestions?

Also, a friend of mine told me that you are only able to capture video using firewire and USB 2.0 for AP7, is this true? 
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Reinhold

well, in final cut at least, the deck won't initialize if you have it set up to look for drastically different footage-- so if you're trying to capture ntsc dv footage at 29.97 frames but your computer is looking for DVCPRO 1080 60i footage, it'll look like the deck isn't working even if it is. check your prefs to make sure that your sequence, your import settings, and what's actually on the tape you're trying to dige all match.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Neil

I have a sony DCR-HC20 ntsc, and there seems to be no option to choose under device type in Adobe Premier 1.5 for that camera.  I guess, i am just SOL.

I d/l'd some drivers hoping it would help, but nothing worked.  After I searched google high and low,  and couldn't find anything, I suppose it's time to buy a new camera.

Pretty sure the version of Adobe I just got doesn't even do HD either, shit.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

polkablues

Quote from: Neil on December 16, 2009, 07:44:29 PM
Anyhow, I bought an express card, because my computer doesn't have a firewire port.  So, the express card allows me to hook up the firewire cable which runs to the 1394 (iDV) port on my sony video camera, and I can't figure out how to get it online, any suggestions?

I would bet this is the source of your problem.  Premiere likely doesn't even recognize that there's a port there.  Unfortunately, I don't know any good way around that.
My house, my rules, my coffee