screenwriting forum is the only serious forum on this board

Started by gjg 4 REEL, September 23, 2003, 01:33:22 PM

gjg 4 REEL

all the other forums are filled with kids who come on just to fuck around and never contribute anything to their fellow moviegoers , in the screenwriting forum its all cool , were all writers

Weak2ndAct

Eh, don't negate the rest of the board just yet, give it a chance.  And things can get just as sassy over here too.  

FYI, there's another decent screenwriting board at www.scriptsales.com.  Sadly though, most of the talk has been shifted towards "how do I get an agent?" or "What's the phone number for Mike Myers' production company?"  But there still are forums devoted to feedback, writing questions and other odds and ends.

phil marlowe

Quote from: gjg 4 REELall the other forums are filled with kids who come on just to fuck around and never contribute anything to their fellow moviegoers
i see by looking at your post count that YOU've done all you could to contribute.

bitch.

kotte

Quote from: gjg 4 REELall the other forums are filled with kids who come on just to fuck around and never contribute anything to their fellow moviegoers , in the screenwriting forum its all cool , were all writers

You don't know what Xixax is about...7 posts come on...
I'm not saying I'm a veteran but I know what it's about.

This is the greatest forum on the net...give it a couple more posts and you'll realize that.

ShanghaiOrange

hey guys, i just saw the movie magnolia and then i did a search and this board came up. i really like the movie but i just didnt understand why the frogs fell out of the sky at the end. does anyone know? HELP!

Thanx,

ShanghaiOrange
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Cecil

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangehey guys, i just saw the movie magnolia and then i did a search and this board came up. i really like the movie but i just didnt understand why the frogs fell out of the sky at the end. does anyone know? HELP!

Thanx,

ShanghaiOrange

it means that there is a god

ono

Quote from: Cecil
Quote from: ShanghaiOrangehey guys, i just saw the movie magnolia and then i did a search and this board came up. i really like the movie but i just didnt understand why the frogs fell out of the sky at the end. does anyone know? HELP!

Thanx,

ShanghaiOrange

it means that there is a god
Exhibit A as to why this board is great.   :lol:

Redlum

Mother-fucker.

Wait till you have a technical question. There are lots of folks here who can help you out (Allesandro, and Ghostboy to name just a couple).
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

aclockworkjj

Quote from: gjg 4 REELall the other forums are filled with kids who come on just to fuck around and never contribute anything to their fellow moviegoers , in the screenwriting forum its all cool , were all writers
:::grabs his slushy:::  neener-neener writing nerds!!!  I gotsa lime slushy and you don't...!!!!  

Really if you look at all of us (me included) you will find something genuwinly contributed in reguards to the sake of our movie going pleasures, experiences, and/or fantasies.  Then a no thought induced joke, play on word, or just plain jibberish.  Sometimes you just have to actually look.  We just condense the facts...instead of rappin' about pure stereophic DTwhateverit is now or THX orgasmic technology...we simple state, " Yes, that was her nipple.  God she's hot."  

As much bullshit as anyone posts here, there is usually just as many pure cineamatic joys they will share.  Or maybe a song, a video, a movie trailer, or a good article to read.  Except God Damn's ass, all he does is cream...I say we ban his childish ass !!

gjg 4 REEL

Quote from: dr. phil
Quote from: gjg 4 REELall the other forums are filled with kids who come on just to fuck around and never contribute anything to their fellow moviegoers
i see by looking at your post count that YOU've done all you could to contribute.

bitch.

true but i just signed in two days ago, im just trying to get my first thoughts out here, ive been reading your shit without being a user for a while, cuz i dont have a computer ( im in the school library right now ) and whats with the 'bitch' ending out your reply you act like i was targeting you , who im targeting is the kids who dont even hear you out and try to find something you spelled wrong or some false movie fact so they can type back at you at 3 in the morning.

for some reason i can sense you guys are gonna make fun of me for just reading and not being a user , uh oh , i said 'sense' watch someone say 'uh oh ' we got a psychic here , whatever i do write you guys will find something, and its cool to a certain extent , it shows your skill with writing, probably one of the best ways to test you creativity is hearing some dumbass type something , find something he said that didnt click , and spit it back at him - all in the comfort of your own home

gjg 4 REEL

aclockworkjj,redlum,shanghaiiorange,weak2ndact

i respect you your some funny dudes, and shanghai if you were aiming the magnolia thing at me thats good shit, thats just how i was discovering this site back when is was paulthomasanderson.com like:  

whats with the frogs? why so many characters? isnt kinda cool how there all connected through that tv show you guys?

i thought i was the shit

Alethia

phil marlowe

Quote from: gjg 4 REELtrue but i just signed in two days ago, im just trying to get my first thoughts out here, ive been reading your shit without being a user for a while, cuz i dont have a computer ( im in the school library right now ) and whats with the 'bitch' ending out your reply you act like i was targeting you , who im targeting is the kids who dont even hear you out and try to find something you spelled wrong or some false movie fact so they can type back at you at 3 in the morning.

for some reason i can sense you guys are gonna make fun of me for just reading and not being a user , uh oh , i said 'sense' watch someone say 'uh oh ' we got a psychic here , whatever i do write you guys will find something, and its cool to a certain extent , it shows your skill with writing, probably one of the best ways to test you creativity is hearing some dumbass type something , find something he said that didnt click , and spit it back at him - all in the comfort of your own home
if you were contributing to the debate with your own thoughts and shit then maybe it'd be okay but you don't. you see, it's kinda hard to take a  bitch post like that serious when coming from you who's only made posts getting pissed about your pulp fictioun question or bitching about the boards seriousity.

now get busy improving this site.

aclockworkjj

So...now that we proved this forum constists of the smartest folks and the only serious one on the board...

Dolphin sex anyone?