2F2F

Started by bonanzataz, February 08, 2003, 06:59:19 PM

ProgWRX

dude nevermind the fact that the 1/4 mile races take 2 minutes when both cars are supposed to be sub 10 sec   :roll:

and i ALWAYS hate the way they depict head to head races in TV/MOVIES to make it dramatic, how they keep losing and gaining the leads and somehow with each shift they shoot ahead like 2 cars in front of the other  :roll:  

ive yet to see a realistic drag race depicted on a movie, where both cars accelerate constantly and the faster car edges out the slower car , none of that , tie one takes the leads, the other shifts and takes the lead bullcrap
-Carlos

yarnboy

Yea, after two minutes, these cars are only at like 160....That's retarded..I know exactly what you mean with the gaining like 2 cars on a shift..then loosing..it's like..What sort of power curve do these cars have?? It's silly..Very silly..
"signature quotes are dumb"

IHeartPTA

i just brought this up, since i'm new here and such, i did a movie a few months back that spoofs 2 fast 2 furious

2 Fast 2 Furious 2 Be A Good Movie

Your welcome to check out other stuff on the site, but it's quite immature stuff that a bunch of high school students put together. i'm proud to say that we're working on some new, better, more serious movies
"I want to confess as best I can, but my heart is void. The void is a mirror. I see my face and feel loathing and horror. My indifference to men has shut me out. I live now in a world of ghosts, a prisoner in my dreams. " -Antonius Block from The Seventh Seal

Pubrick

Quote from: magnoliaci just brought this up, since i'm new here and such,
u don't hav to keep reminding us. unless u wish to cement ur identity as the perpetual new guy.
under the paving stones.

IHeartPTA

i'm new here, that's what i'll be known by NEWWWWWWWWW!

aight that's enough of that.
"I want to confess as best I can, but my heart is void. The void is a mirror. I see my face and feel loathing and horror. My indifference to men has shut me out. I live now in a world of ghosts, a prisoner in my dreams. " -Antonius Block from The Seventh Seal

Cecil

i propose that magnoliacs title should be "new guy"

IHeartPTA

i'd change my name, then i'd be associated.

you know...with that movie

Cecil

i see. quite a predicament

IHeartPTA

righty-o.

if you've seen this seinfeld episode, you'd know...

i could change to t-bone or coco, or the other one, i just don't remember

MacGuffin

LOS ANGELES - John Singleton has turned Hollywood Boulevard into his 'hood.

The "Boyz N the Hood" director accepted a star Tuesday on the Hollywood Walk of Fame to celebrate the 12th anniversary of the acclaimed gangland drama about three friends growing up in South Central Los Angeles.

Among the celebrities attending the ceremony outside the historic Chinese Theatre were Laurence Fishburne, who played the tough father in "Boyz N the Hood," and actor-model Tyrese, who starred in Singleton's 2001 drama "Baby Boy."

"Everything John said he would do he has done," Fishburne said. "He has a never-say-die attitude."

The 35-year-old director wrote the script for "Boyz N the Hood" as part of his work as a film student at the University of Southern California.

The film helped launch the acting careers of its young stars, Cuba Gooding Jr., Ice Cube and Morris Chestnut, and earned Singleton Academy Award nominations in 1992 for best director and best screenplay.

"I am tripping out," Singleton said Tuesday. "In 1977, when I was 9 years old, I had a date with my dad to go the Chinese Theatre to see 'Star Wars.' This is where I learned to appreciate cinema. I want to thank my dad for that."

Singleton's other credits include "Poetic Justice," "Shaft," "Higher Learning" and "2 Fast 2 Furious." An anniversary edition of "Boyz N the Hood" debuts on DVD Tuesday.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

According to Variety, Universal Pictures is hitting the gas on a third installment of "The Fast and the Furious." Vin Diesel is in talks to return to the franchise after skipping sequel "2 Fast 2 Furious," while the studio is not currently planning to have Paul Walker, a star of both previous incarnations, return for the third outing.

Scribe Chris Morgan has been hired to pen a script. His concept picks up Diesel's character, Dominic Torretto, where he was left off at the end of the first "Fast," a fugitive of the law hiding out in Mexico. Action quickly moves to Tokyo, the current Mecca of street racing, where Torretto tries to bail out a friend in trouble with gangsters.

Morgan's previous credits include "Cellular" for New Line. He did some rewrite duty on Columbia's "S.W.A.T." The return of Diesel would be a bid to return excitement to a franchise that may otherwise be getting long in the tooth.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Quote from: MacGuffinUniversal Pictures is hitting the gas on a third installment of "The Fast and the Furious." Vin Diesel is in talks to return to the franchise after skipping sequel "2 Fast 2 Furious," while the studio is not currently planning to have Paul Walker, a star of both previous incarnations, return for the third outing.
Trouble in paradise for Diesel and Walker. . .

But seriously, a third installment? I think that's a bit much.

QuoteThe return of Diesel would be a bid to return excitement to a franchise that may otherwise be getting long in the tooth.
Yes, the never ending dollar signs they see by keeping the franchise going until everyone's sick of it. Genius, I tell you.

grand theft sparrow

I think everyone's missing the most important issue here...

What rapper is going to make an appearance in this one?