What are we reading?

Started by edison, September 21, 2003, 11:20:03 PM

mogwai

fredrik strage - fans

this is a very horrifying read about fans stalking famous musicians. one of the most disturbing reads is about a german fan stalking agnetha fältskog from abba. to this day he still stalks her even if he's given various sentences. i don't know if this is available in english but if someone out there knows swedish then i truly recommend reading it.

Sigur Rós

Great, Great, Great! Funny, Funny, Funny!

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

Quote from: Stefen on September 03, 2007, 11:38:04 PM
Whatcha ya'll readin for?

To not end up like you :)

I'm currently reading:

maya kash

Just finished "It's Only A Game" and tried to buy "If I Did It" at B n N today but they was sold out.  Sorta like the Goldmans.

My girl is finishing "Trading Up" as I type.

Later we're gonna chow main.
"Money is the blood of the planet.  Heal the money and we can heal the world."

"Put your mouth where my money is."

Pubrick

Quote from: maya kash on September 16, 2007, 12:14:55 AM
My girl is finishing "Trading Up" as I type.

you were sposed to be a girl.

bitch you's playin with my emotions.
under the paving stones.

Kal

lol

got excited for a minute there pubrick??

maya kash

cun't a girl luph a gurl in yo world?
"Money is the blood of the planet.  Heal the money and we can heal the world."

"Put your mouth where my money is."

Pubrick

Quote from: maya kash on September 16, 2007, 12:34:04 AM
cun't a girl luph a gurl in yo world?

in my world, only i am loved.

longtime.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

When does one grow out of the cryptic posting phase?

itz ulrite.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

The Sheriff

id fuck ayn rand

pete

This past thursday I got off of work a little late and went to the library to pay my outstanding fee.  I was also really really interested in finding a book called "the big con: the story of the confidence man".  I was reading in a magazine a few days before, in which two screenwriters said that was the definitive source for all things con artist related.  I couldn't find it at any of the book stores.  I went looking for it at the library, the librarian said it came up as "missing."  But, before leaving, she told me there was a 50/50 chance that a book labeled "missing" is floating around the library somewhere.  She gave me a code and I went after it.  I looked for the number a few times on the shelf and on the neighboring shelves, just to see if it was misplaced.  Nothing came up.  There were about 20 metallic carts with all these unshelved books.  I thought if the librarian gave me such a tip tonight, it must serve some kinda purpose.  I began looking through the carts.  First casually, just once-overing them for matching numbers.  Then I realized all of the carts ended with books that were one number off from my number (364.something).  I began combing through the carts.  After which I was on my knees, with my big-ass backpack, scouring the spines for the number.  Two carts from the end I got sandwiched by some dude who was trying to get by who didn't see me.  Then a leg tripped on my leg.  Then I found the book.

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

...and the con is that it's crap.

sucker!
under the paving stones.

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Kal

I recommend this book to everyone here with a soul (not Stefen)...