Twin Peaks: Season 2 (Uhh. I'm tired of waiting for the DVD)

Started by Myxo, July 02, 2003, 01:01:18 PM

MacGuffin

Twin Peaks Season 2 DVD Set Box Art and Announcement for Europe in Two Sets - Updated

Well, it's about time! Today I have gotten word that Paramount has announced Season 2 to be split into two box sets with the first being set for release on January 31st 2007 (for Germany and Sweden and January 23rd for Italy). So far, I have links to Online Stores offering the first box set in Sweden, Italy, and now even Germany. From the looks of it, Twin Peaks Season 2.1 will be released in at the end of January with the second box set to follow in April 2007. Also of interest is that in Germany, Paramount  also seem to be offering a complete box set of Season 2 on 6 discs in October 2007 called "Twin Peaks: the Complete Mystery". We also know that the first half of Season 2 will be spread over 3 Discs (Sweden and Germany specs) or 4 Discs (Italy) which likely means not much room for extras. Hopefully the compression won't be too bad or maybe they will use double sided discs... All this is speculation for now, and specs are likely to change. Last I heard, the US set was to be released in the May to June timeframe, but I guess we will have to wait and see. For now, take a gander at the International box art and what may also be the US box art.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

the elections, britney/kevin breakup, and now this.

Just waking up in the morning gotta thank god
I don't know but today seems kinda odd
No barking from the dogs, no smog
And momma cooked a breakfast with no hog
I got my grub on, but didnt pig out
Finally got a call from a girl I wanna dig out
Hooked it up on later as I hit the do'
Thinking will I live, another twenty-fo
I gotta go cause I got me a drop top
And if I hit the switch, I can make the ass drop
Had to stop at a red light
Looking in my mirror not a jacker in sight
And everything is alright
I got a beep from kim and she can fuck all night
Called up the homies and Im askin yall
Which court, are yall playin basketball?
Get me on the court and Im trouble
Last week fucked around and got a triple double
Freaking brothers everyway like m.j.
I can't believe, today was a good day
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

TVShowsonDVD.com Reports Twin Peaks Season 2 on DVD in April 2007 in the US

Finally, word is out on Twin Peaks Season 2 on DVD for a US release. Today, the website TVShowsonDVD.com posted an article regarding the release date of this title. Also to add to this is word that I have gotten from Paramount/CBS is that unlike the overseas sets, the US set will NOT be split into two boxes but will be available in one box.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6640
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Title: Twin Peaks
Released: 10th April 2007
SRP: Price TBC

Further Details:
Paramount Home Entertainment has sent over artwork for the second season of Twin Peaks which stars Lara Flynn Boyle, Kyle MacLachlan, Michael Ontkean, and Maedchen Amick. The set will be available to own from the 10th April. We have no further details at this time, but we'll bring you further details shortly.

Artwork here: http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/twin-peaks.html

i'll believe it when i see it.  werent they supposed to be putting out Season 1 with the pilot at the same time?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: modage on December 19, 2006, 07:37:30 PMwerent they supposed to be putting out Season 1 with the pilot at the same time?

From The Digital Bits:

As for Twin Peaks, we've talked to Paramount and there's no specific details available to report yet, other than the fact that Twin Peaks: The Second Season is expected to street on 4/10. We've heard previously that Season One and maybe even the original pilot will be released as well, but there's nothing new to report yet. We will, however, stay on top of this and give you all the details as soon as they can be known. We can understand why Paramount and CBS would want to be cautious with this title... previous potential David Lynch DVD releases have been come to naught because of information leaking too early.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

DVD News: TWIN PEAKS SEASON 2 DVD RELEASE INFO AT LAST
The long awaited DVD release of David Lynch's cult series arrives April 10 

THE SKINNY: Finally coming to DVD! A while ago we reported that David Lynch said to expect TWIN PEAKS season 2 on April 10. Now we have information about that new set!

From three-time Academy Award nominee David Lynch comes the imaginative and groundbreaking mystery-thriller series TWIN PEAKS The Complete Second Season arriving on DVD April 10 from CBS DVD and Paramount Home Entertainment.  Created by Lynch and writer/producer Mark Frost, TWIN PEAKS tells the story of FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper and his investigation of the murder of a popular local girl, Laura Palmer.  With its cast of memorable characters, stunning cinematography and intriguing plot, TWIN PEAKS quickly garnered a rabid cult following and made an indelible impact on television history.  The series was nominated for a total of 12 Emmy Awards over the course of its two-season run and also spawned a prequel feature film directed by Lynch called Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, which detailed the final days of the fated Laura Palmer.  TWIN PEAKS stars Klyle MacLachlan, Lara Flynn Boyle, Sherilyn Fenn, Sheryl Lee, Ray Wise and a host of eclectic and talented character actors as the strange and mysterious residents of the fictional town of Twin Peaks.   

Available for $61.99, the TWIN PEAKS The Complete Second Season six-disc set includes all 22 newly remastered high definition episodes plus all-new in-depth interviews and episode introductions.  The DVD is presented in full screen with English 5.1 Stereo Surround.  The total running time is 18 hours, 1 minute (complete disc breakdown included below). 

TWIN PEAKS: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON - The DVD disc breakdown is as follows:

Disc One:                                                                                 
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10

Bonus Features:
Log Lady intros for each episode
Jennifer Lynch interview

Disc Two:
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14

Bonus Feature:
Todd Holland interview

Disc Three:
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18

Bonus Feature:
Caleb Deschanel interview

Disc Four:
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22

Bonus Feature:
Duwayne Dunham interview

Disc Five:
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25
Episode 26

Bonus Feature:
Stephen Gyllenhaal interview

Disc Six:
Episode 27
Episode 28
Episode 29

Bonus Feature:
Tim Hunter interview plus actor interviews

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Kyle MacLachlan: From Twin Peaks to Wisteria Lane

IGN TV: When Twin Peaks debuted, I was in high school. My friends and I would get together on Saturday nights, have some cherry pie, and watch the show.

MacLachlan: Awesome!

IGN TV: What was it like to be part of the huge zeitgeist event that show became?

MacLachlan: You know, those sort of things are kind of weird, because by the time we, the cast, had sort of realized what happened, it was already well down the road. We're sort of the last to figure it out. I was anyway! So you're in this little self contained world. I was just getting up in the morning, going to work in Van Nuys, getting in my car, and driving home. And no real idea that this sort of huge wave was rocking the planet. And by the time we figured it out, we were like, "Oh! That was kind of fun?" I was kind of the last to figure it out.

IGN TV: I'm very excited that season two's finally coming on DVD.

MacLachlan: I saw that! That's great, finally. Have they put the pilot out yet, do you know?

IGN TV: Only in Korea. I ordered it on eBay years ago.

MacLachlan: I think there's an issue with ownership there, and a lot of people have a little piece of that pie. I don't know if they've figured out how they're going to do that yet.

IGN TV: Have you done any extra feature content for the DVDs?

MacLachlan: I did some stuff, but I don't know if they were for these particular DVDs. I'd like to. I think it's fun. I like watching that stuff. Some of my favorite movies, I love watching the actors talk about their experiences, and the behind the scenes stories. People probably have that same response to some of the stuff I do, so it would be nice to tell them some of the stories. So what we're gonna do, is we're gonna have a big party in my house, we're gonna light a fire. We're gonna sit around, toast marshmallows, and tell stories.

IGN TV: [Laughs] That sounds fun! Twin Peak ended with one of the biggest cliffhangers of all time. Do you know what was going to happen next?

MacLachlan: No, I don't know. I just know that Cooper was in the Black Lodge, and I don't know how they were gonna get him out.

IGN TV: Supposedly there was a lot of footage shot for Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me that was cut. Do you think we'll ever see any of that material?

MacLachlan: There's probably some snippets and scenes here or there, but basically, it's like anything; what you see is probably the best assemblage. You know, I appreciated seeing, like Apocalypse Now, some of the extra footage. But I think ultimately, the movie was better with those scenes out. Although I appreciated seeing them, it was better to see the movie as it was originally intended.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: modage on December 19, 2006, 07:37:30 PM
werent they supposed to be putting out Season 1 with the pilot at the same time?

I am totally confused as to what to do now... The amazon pre-order price is tempting, but I don't have the first season and always figured they were going to re-release it with season 2 as a package.

Cobz

QuoteI am totally confused as to what to do now... The amazon pre-order price is tempting, but I don't have the first season and always figured they were going to re-release it with season 2 as a package.

They are going to release a box set with the pilot, series 1 & 2, with supposedly even more special features, there should be an announcment sometime in April.

Im expecting a November/December release, in time for the Xmas shopping!

;-)
coin operated boy

modage

apparently this came out today.  for some reason i had it on my calendar for April 10.  :ponder:

now everyone can finally see how the greatest show of all time took the quickest nosedive into mediocrity! 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

john

Quote from: modage on April 03, 2007, 12:16:49 PM
apparently this came out today.  for some reason i had it on my calendar for April 10.  :ponder:

now everyone can finally see how the greatest show of all time took the quickest nosedive into mediocrity! 

No way, sir. It might not have had the same addictive whodunit drive, but it was still continually weird, wild, daring stuff for network TV...especially network TV in the early nineties.

Even if the episodes of lesser quality, are still better than the best things Chris Carter or J.J. Abrams could come up with...and I dig both those motherfuckers.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on April 03, 2007, 12:16:49 PM

no i think that happens when ppl watch AD for the first time. they realise it was the greatest show of all time only in hype.
under the paving stones.

modage

and the second time they watch it they realize how wrong they were.

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on April 03, 2007, 06:48:27 PM
and the second time they watch it they realize how wrong they were.

..to give it a second chance.
under the paving stones.