Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

ono

From greenplastic.com:
QuoteThom and Jonny performed at the Big Ask benefit at Koko in London this evening. A couple of new songs were played, including "Arpeggi", "Bodysnatchers", and "Cymbal Rush". ... You can download "Arpeggi", "Bodysnatchers", and "Cymbal Rush" in this .rar file. (thanks to Jorge)

First of all, :]  Second, the quality sucks, so :[

Third, fourth, and fifth:

I've heard a different version of Arpeggi, so there were no surprises here.  The version I have goes on too long and is tedious.  This is a bit better, but still the same.  A rather sleepy track, not as beautiful as Sail to the Moon, not as eerie as Scatterbrain.

Bodysnatchers immediately reminded me of Go To Sleep and Lozenge of Love or A Reminder.  Not sure which it resembles more, but either way, this one will be really fun.

Cymbal Rush reminded me of another song I can't quite put my finger on yet, with a similar piano sound.  It'll come to me.  This recording doesn't do it justice.  This'll be really good once perfected in the studio.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

That would be a hell of a show to at least see them play Street Spirit, Everything Is In Its Right Place, We Suck Young Blood, or Pyramid Song.  I can't get enough of those tunes.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

Radiohead tour - venue capacities

Here are the capacities of the venues Radiohead is playing in June.

Philly Tower Theatre : 3,500
Boston Bank Of America Pavilion : 5,000
Toronto Hummingbird Center : 3,223
Montreal Salle Wilfred Pelletier at Place des Arts : 2,982
New York Theatre at Madison Square Garden : 5,600
Chicago Auditorium Theater : 3,929
Berkeley Greek Theatre : 8,300
San Diego Bayside : 4,700
Greek Theatre : 6,162

Montreal wins.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

noyes

note to everyone:
head over to ateaseweb.com's mb for tons of new song mp3s and a complete video of the May 6th show.
south america's my name.

modage

well tickets were near impossible to get.  but since i havent seen them since 1998, i decided to give it another chance and spent $340 for a pair on stubhub.  i hope it's worth it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

what does everyone think of the new tracks?
i've only heard one so far.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

modage

Sunrise

Thom is sounding incredibly flat. He has three weeks to get his act together!!!

tpfkabi

of what i've downloaded, (not all the new ones yet) 15 Step is the standout for me.

Sunrise

15 Step is great. I can't believe the vocals will remain exactly as they are, but Bodysnatchers works well for me.

tpfkabi

i'm liking House of Cards with the full band.

samsong

so let's get an official headcount... not that i necessarily want to meet you guys but who's going to go nuts on the 25th to buy tickets for when they're playing in LA?  and which night are you gonna go for?  saturday is ideal methinks, but it'll probably be impossible. 

modage

methinks impossible about sums it up.