Matt Is Doing A U.S. Road Trip And Wants To Meet YOU!

Started by matt35mm, June 12, 2009, 09:20:12 PM

haha, actually i get along with everyone here pretty well. for the most part i hate people and keep to myself but being a street artist kind of forces me into being social and now people know me and i usually have no idea who they are. i live in the ghetto, too, so not too many rednecks but they are quite prevalent.

Stefen

Yeah, that's basically what I was thinking. The rednecks. I have this preconceived notion of the deep South that is probably highly inaccurate. Like if they see you painting a street mural they call the cops on you and have you baptized in case there are any demons inside you forcing you to have homosexual and deviant thoughts.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

the only inaccurate assumption about the south is that everyone is like that.
the majority, yes. the stereotypes are very very true.
and speaking of cops in alabama
living in the ghetto last year, my black friend ej and i got into my car to go to the gas station, upon igniting the engine, my car was filled with flashlights and banging on the window. my friend, in the passenger seat rolls down his window, 'hey! what's going on? is everything ok?'

cop, screaming: get out of the car nigger get the fuck out now
friend: sir (raising his hands, me too) what is going on what is wrong
cop: get the fuck out now
friend: sir, you have no probable cause to get me out of this car, what is going on
cop: probable cause (baffled) ill show you fucking probable cause come here nigger boy
proceeds to rip him out of my passenger window, slams him against the car and starts grabbing his balls and screaming whilst the cop on my side asks for my id calmly
given to him, i ask 'i'm sorry but can you tell me whats going on please'
coponmyside: there was a break in tonight and your friend here fits the description
me: well, he's been with me all night in his apartment (gestures adjacent) what is the description?
coponmyside: black male with short hair
me: ......

they let him go

they also told my 11 year old brother that he would go to jail for the rest of his life if he ever skateboarded in this goddamn town again.
i could go on all night

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

to be fair, if we saw a picture of his brother...

cine

Tictacbk

So when do we get to start bombarding you with things we think you should do in all of these places?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: 03 on June 22, 2009, 02:54:24 AM
alabama.
and i dont really do photography anymore
i draw murals now

That was badass, do you have any more pictures to show?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Did you do those murals? They're pretty awesome.

yeah..the first link i posted had me in it, drawing the mural.
and its all the same one, too..

Stefen

matt35mm

Well I was gonna say that I would be happy to come visit you, 03, but now I see that Mobile is quite a bit out of the way of my path.  However, I would still be really interested in visiting someday.  Louisiana and Florida were two places that I wanted to visit but couldn't fit in this time, so I'm hoping that someday I can do those states, at which point it might work out for me to come to Mobile.

Those murals are excellent, by the way.