To Newbs, introduce yourself.

Started by Xixax, January 08, 2003, 01:13:48 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: Lucid on July 04, 2006, 01:39:09 PM(I'm waiting to hit 100 posts before I feel legit)

Congrats on being 'made.'
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sunrise

Quote from: Lucid on July 11, 2006, 08:31:38 AM
Thank you, I'm honored.  And now, extremely frightened at what lies ahead.

Now you've been made. Any problems, you go to Xixax. Trouble with your posts? You can go to Xixax. Trouble with the cops, deliveries, Pubrick, you can call on Xixax. But now you've gotta come up with Xixax's money every week no matter what. Business bad? Fuck you, pay Xixax. Oh, you had a fire? Fuck you, pay Xixax. Place got hit by lightning huh? Fuck you, pay Xixax.

I don't know what I'm talking about...I'm still sitting below the century mark.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Now just make sure when you hit any number, celebratory or not, that you do not celebrate it.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

OrHowILearnedTo

Well Hello there Xixax, My name is Blah blah blah and I am from Blah, Blah, Blah

RegularKarate

Quote from: OrHowILearnedTo on August 30, 2006, 03:03:19 PM
Well Hello there Xixax, My name is Blah blah blah and I am from Blah, Blah, Blah

You should do that again, except, actually... do it

matt35mm

Quote from: RegularKarate on August 30, 2006, 05:18:34 PM
Quote from: OrHowILearnedTo on August 30, 2006, 03:03:19 PM

You should do that again, except, actually... do it
Uh oh.  This is not a good start, getting on RK's bad side like this.  I'd be surprised if you can redeem yourself from here.  First impressions are everything at XIXAX.

OrHowILearnedTo

I'm sorry, I've never really been on a board as formal as this so I don't really know how to go about this... You can understand that I didn't really want to give up to much information.

My name is Graeme(not Graham), I live in Vancouver, B.C., I'm about 6'0, brown eyes...I like...stuff ummmm that's about it.

I hope all is forgiven and hopefully you will accept my insights on film(no matter how wrong they are  :yabbse-grin:.)

(I guess this is why my thread on "following" got deleted  :( )

k bye

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Quote from: OrHowILearnedTo on August 30, 2006, 08:53:02 PM
I don't really know how to go about this...

Tell us about whatever movies/books/music you like, interests besides Xixax, whether you're a Curb Your Enthusiasm person or an Arrested Development person, etc.

(I guess this is why my thread on "following" got deleted  :( )

It wasn't deleted, just moved.  Your post is right here.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Pubrick

My name is Graeme(not Graham), I live in Vancouver, B.C., I'm about 6'0, brown eyes...I like...stuff ummmm that's about it.
none of that was necessary, this isn't a police station and you're not under arrest.

the basic information is how you found the site, what directors you like, que faites-vous dans la vie, that kinda thing. it's evident you're new to the internets so you must be in your mid teens, that's gonna be a problem but the best part about your kind is that the opportunity for redemption is high.  you still have potential to grow into mature savvy individuals. of course there is no helping some.

just relax, use the search function to look for a topic before starting it, don't resurrect ancient threads just to say something stupid like "lol i gotta see this", and don't treat the site like a chatroom.
under the paving stones.

JG

Quote from: Pubrick on August 30, 2006, 11:35:08 PM
none of that was necessary, this isn't a police station and you're not under arrest.

the basic information is how you found the site, what directors you like, que faites-vous dans la vie, that kinda thing. it's evident you're new to the internets so you must be in your mid teens, that's gonna be a problem but the best part about your kind is that the opportunity for redemption is high.  you still have potential to grow into mature savvy individuals. of course there is no helping some.

just relax, use the search function to look for a topic before starting it, don't resurrect ancient threads just to say something stupid like "lol i gotta see this", and don't treat the site like a chatroom.

wow, i wish i got that when i came here. 

Pubrick

i didn't say anything to your introductory post.

if within a week this new kid is already welcoming other newbs and keeps posting incoherently, then i'll follow up like i did with you.
under the paving stones.

JG

well i just meant it was good advice. 

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

OrHowILearnedTo

Quote from: Pubrick on August 30, 2006, 11:35:08 PM

Well thanks, like I said I didn't know how to go about this so I just sorta winged it. I am in no way new to the internet and I'm 17 by the by. I guess this is attept No. 3:

I am really into Movies, almost all movies. I really like PTA (and I have been told I look exactly like him when he was doing boogie nights, which I think is really cool). I like all the big names of filmaking - (especially) Kubrick, Scorcese, QT, Altman, Coen Bros., Stone, Leone, Linklater, Etc., Etc. I am trying to get into the older, foreign stuff(I recently went through an Antonieli- I can't spell- phase because he was playing at pacific cinematique), but because I live in Vancouver I am really Limited to what I can see. This weekend there's a retrospective on Kieslowski so I'm gunnin for that.

I Like Music, all kinds of music; rock, blues, jazz, whatever. If it's good I'll listen. I am probably the biggest Simpson fan ever, so theres that. I Like video games, mostly Madden or NHL.

Oh, and I foung the site through Cigs and Vines

That's pretty much it. Good to know there aren't any charges against me.

k bye

Chest Rockwell

QuoteAntonieli-I can't spell-
Antonioni, I guess?

And Kieslowski is just about as good as it gets. Make sure you report back how the retrospective is!