The Arcade Fire

Started by Film Student, December 15, 2004, 12:47:13 PM

modage

Quote from: Slick ShoesThe Arcade Fire will be on TV this Friday (9/9) as part of the "Fashion Rocks" program on CBS. I heard somewhere David Bowie would be joining them for a song, but I'm not sure if that's true. So mark your calendars. Or don't.
yeah that was insane.  bowie just played with them on Wake Up and sang.  it was AWESOME.

apparently they played Bowie's Five Years too, but they didn't air it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

dang, i hate i missed it. i did see Bowie do Life on Mars.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Slick Shoes

They're gonna be on Letterman Wednesday 9-14.

tpfkabi

Quote from: Slick ShoesThey're gonna be on Letterman Wednesday 9-14.

thanks.

i had a webpage that listed all the musical guests for each late night show as one of my website favorites on another computer and i can't remember the address for the life of me. i've done all the google searches i can think of and can't find it. if anyone knows what i'm talking about, i would greatly appreciate the link.

edison

Quote from: bigideas
Quote from: Slick ShoesThey're gonna be on Letterman Wednesday 9-14.

thanks.

i had a webpage that listed all the musical guests for each late night show as one of my website favorites on another computer and i can't remember the address for the life of me. i've done all the google searches i can think of and can't find it. if anyone knows what i'm talking about, i would greatly appreciate the link.

Was it this site?

tpfkabi

no.
this page had a very simple format and would list all guests/musical guests for all of the shows.

A Matter Of Chance

my friend just got me an arcade fire t shirt.

it glows in the dark.

modage

you can now (for one week only) buy the David Bowie / Arcade Fire collaboration on iTunes.  it's from Fashion Rocks and includes Life On Mars (Bowie only), Wake Up (Bowie w/Arcade Fire) & Five Years (Bowie w/Arcade Fire).  2.97 and proceeds go to charity.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Tictacbk

call 1-866-NEON-BIBLE; extension 7777 to here a song from The Arcade Fire's new album (which will be titled "Neon Bible").

Pedro

has anyone listened to the leak?  i really think that this is a greater achievment than funeral.  overall there's just more harmony.  the string arrangements are fuller than last time and each song builds to a climax that is powerful and not contrived.  maybe all this excitement is because its brand new and will fade with time, but if you are at all interested in the arcade fire you have to get the album.

anyone else want to discuss music in terms of harmony and composition?

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pedro the Alpaca on January 30, 2007, 10:49:25 PM
has anyone listened to the leak?  i really think that this is a greater achievment than funeral. 

So far I agree.. I REALLY like the new album.  I do think it's better than the last which is the opposite of what I thought I would think.

Quote from: Pedro the Alpaca on January 30, 2007, 10:49:25 PManyone else want to discuss music in terms of harmony and composition?

You're high aren't you?

Ghostboy

When is the new one officially going to be released? I'm asking this question knowing full well that I can head over to Amazon to find out. In fact, I'm going to do that right now. I'm just writing this to see myself type.

I'm determined to not miss their tour this time around.

modage

March 6th. 

Quote from: Ghostboy on January 31, 2007, 04:42:41 PM
I'm determined to not miss their tour this time around.
me neither.  i was extremely lucky and got tickets to one of their 5 NYC shows at Judson Memorial Church in 2 weeks.  i can't wait.

Stefen

My Body Is A Cage is really great. It's my favorite song on the album so far.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.