Michelle Pfeiffer

Started by MacGuffin, March 30, 2004, 01:25:35 AM

MacGuffin

Michelle Pfeiffer is Chasing Montana
Source: Variety

Michelle Pfeiffer and husband David E. Kelley are teaming up on Chasing Montana, a drama written by Kelley set up at Focus Features in which Pfeiffer would topline. Danish helmer Susanne Bier (Open Hearts will direct in the fall.

The film was written specifically for his wife Pfeiffer, and follows a father and his daughter (Pfeiffer) - both doctors - whose bucolic Montana vacation becomes a poignant and at times amusing voyage of self discovery.

Pfeiffer is also currently attached to star in She's Gone for Disney-based production company Beacon. That script is a sophisticated romantic comedy about a couple who have been married since they were high school sweethearts - and what happens when the husband's ingenious plan to ditch his wife goes awry.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

man I just saw Scarface again a couple of days ago... damn she was hot

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: andykman I just saw Scarface again a couple of days ago... damn she was hot

What do you mean, she was hot? She is one of the most beautiful damn women on the silver screen.
Si

mogwai

i always thought this was a semi sequel to scarface:

damn, she's good in that one!

NEON MERCURY

she is a fine actress.....she even held her own in higher learning video w/ coolio........

El Duderino

she's a good actress. I didnt know she was married to David E. Kelly, that lucky bastard.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Gloria

I thought she was wonderful as Catwoman in Batman Returns.  She was also really, really good in The Fabulous Baker Boys.  

And who could forget Grease 2?  :wink:

ono

Quote from: GloriaAnd who could forget Grease 2?  :wink:
*raises hand*

pete

my favorite michelle phiffer movie was 8 mile, but what was up wit the dreads?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

Not me. It's so bad, it memorable. How could you forget Pfeiffer singing Cool Rider on top of the ladder on stage, or other classics as We're Gonna Score Tonight in the bowling alley or Reproduction in science class?

I seriously need to get a life.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffin

Not me. It's so bad, it memorable. How could you forget Pfeiffer singing Cool Rider on top of the ladder on stage, or other classics as We're Gonna Score Tonight in the bowling alley or Reproduction in science class?

I seriously need to get a life.

i seriously have put off buying this movie for too long.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Pfeiffer the 'Woman' for Rudin
Source: Hollywood Reporter

CANNES -- Michelle Pfeiffer has signed on to star in "I Could Never Be Your Woman" for heavyweight producer Scott Rudin. Bauer Martinez is set to finance and handle distribution on the picture.

Amy Heckerling is directing the romantic comedy from her own script about a successful professional woman in trouble with her love life. The rights to the project had previously been with Paramount Pictures where Rudin was based for more than a decade.

Rudin is in the process of moving to the Walt Disney Co.

The development follows Bauer Martinez's recent launch of a U.S. distribution arm, which has been accompanied by a wave of high-profile deals for the company.

Skeleton FilmWorks

GoneSavage

Easy money on White Town being the trailer music.

soixante

Who could forget her debut in the classic Hollywood Knights.  

At the outset of her career, I thought she was just a model who appeared in films.  But then Married to the Mob, Dangerous Liaisons and Fabulous Baker Boys showed that she was as good as Meryl Streep or Jessica Lange.
Music is your best entertainment value.