The Simpsons-The Movie

Started by i/o, May 05, 2003, 12:56:33 AM

i/o

What do you guys think of this rumor?

I would guess a lot of you are fans, do you think that it would somehow hurt the show? I can name hundreds of movies based on T.V. shows, and well you know...for the most part they're bad. I suppose South Park may be the only one to note as being good.
"Mime is money"

Pubrick

Quote from: i/oWhat do you guys think of this rumor?
i think that it's been around for 10 years and it won't happen until the show finishes and no one knows anything but i don't think it would be as great as seasons 4 to 8, and that's the only way ppl will be happy with it.

it's inevitable, i'll like it tho, they wouldn't eff it up.
under the paving stones.

oakmanc234

They should've done one AGES ago. There's a South Park movie, a few Rugrats movies (among others) but no Simpsons flick?!

Thats just wrong.

Apparently, Groening and co. dont want to do one until the show starts rating badly/loses popularity etc so that they have a back-up plan to revive it with a movie. Bring a movie out when its not as popular? Thats pretty retarded. I can't see the show losing mass audiences for a long, long time anyway, so I'm not holding my breath for a movie...........
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

©brad

I always heard that the movie was going to be like the 'final episode.' who knows. I actually just read something about it when i was looking for my mr. burns avatar. i'm not sure when this article was dated, but it said something to the effect of "the producers have discussed the possibilites of doing a movie but are still having too much fun with the series. Any of the episodes could be drawn out to a feature-length movie. That is not the problem. It's coming up with the movie, that's where it gets tricky."

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

I am against both a live action and animated movie. I just for some reason dont want to think about it, it doesnt seem right. Im going to think about it and get back to you later

Ghostboy

They would never do a live action movie. That would be suicidal.

I remember when Paramount wanted to make a Beavis And Butthead live action movie, with Stephen Baldwin playing Butthead.

DavTMcGowan

I don't know how well a Simpsons movie would work.  It just doesn't make any sense.

With South Park the movie made sense because the humor is more vulgar and the R rating allowed them to do some stuff that would never be allowed on tv and was very funny.  But the Simpsons humor is more "civil".  Just about any idea they could come up with could be done on television, so ultimately the movie wouldn't be at all remarkable, just an extended episode.  What's teh point??

bonanzataz

i would laugh my ass off if they got ron howard to direct james gandolfini as homer simpson in a live action movie. with shia labeouf as bart, the little girl from i am sam as lisa, and who could play marge? they would have all the characters wearing yellow paint and prosthetic caps for their heads. and the cherry on top would be the valuable lesson everybody learns at the end.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

oakmanc234

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH Gandolfini as Homer: genius. But I'd still prefer a cartoon flick. 'Flinstones' is fine for a live-action movie (whether or not the film itself was good is debatable) but 'Simpsons' wouldn't be the same without the animation.

(On a personal note, I liked 'The Flinstones Movie'.........)
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

live action films never work because cartoons get away with shit that no actor could do

what kid could play bart simpson the right way

now stuff like groundskeeper willie and moe, you can do that it could be played in a SNL Kinda way

but can you see a actor playing homer ?? they will focus on the dumb factor and miss what makes him great

at this point i should add that the show has being going down hill since 1998 , they have turned homer into a big dumb ape

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Butterscotch Jones
but can you see a actor playing homer ??

i hear john goodman is being considered.
...your excuses are your own...

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: cowboykurtis
Quote from: Butterscotch Jones
but can you see a actor playing homer ??

i hear john goodman is being considered.

ohhh he's good

i/o

John Goodman? Why the hell not? He already destroyed my feelings for Fred Flintstone. I always saw Flintstone as being more of a bigot than he played him...
"Mime is money"

bonanzataz

"I hate blacks and queers. YABBA DABBA DOOOO!"
-Fred Flintstone.

i guess it's unfair to use that quote though, as it is being taken out of context.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls