THE ANIMATRIX

Started by Rudie Obias, June 08, 2003, 06:25:26 PM

Rudie Obias

what do you think of it?  i really liked it!  especially THE FLIGHT OF THE OSIRIS, THE PROGRAM and A DETECTIVE STORY.  i really liked the animation of all of them, very beautiful.  it really helps you understand THE MATRIX RELOADED.
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Sleuth

I forgot all about it, I'll get it tomorrow possibly
I like to hug dogs

edison

I liked it, mainly Osiris and The Second Renaissance (both parts), kids story was interesting bc it explained who that annoying brat was in Reloaded. all the others were interesting in their own way.

penfold0101

I watched it last night,
On the whole i was pretty amazed with the quality and style of the animation (Not being a big anime fan).
I did find my self watching the animation more than the story! it will all defiantly need a second viewing.

My top 3 were:-

Kid's story - i loved the style.
A Detective Story - I'm a big fan of most thing Noir
The Final Flight Of The Osiris - its gotta be the best cgi I’ve ever seen, everything moves so well - its beautiful

Over all
A Matrix fan Will love it.
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

Raikus

The whole thing is very hit and miss for me. Detective Story, Last Flight of the Osiris, the haunted house, and the sparring test were all great, but then there was the robot re-education one and World Records. Those were just awful. I've still got two more to watch.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

edison

yeah, i didnt like World Record either, though it looked cool, the story just made me bored.

Ghostboy

I thought Osiris was definitely the best one.  I was most disappointed by World Record, because I used to love Aeon Flux. Detective Story and the one about the Kid both looked really amazing, but narratively were pretty lame. The Second Rennaisance had its moments, but overall it felt TOO sci-fi...the machines all walking too work looked like something out of a 1940s comic book, which was cool, but didn't really seem to gel with the Matrix world. Matriculating, the machine re-education one, was actually pretty cool, in my opinion. It was the most surprising, at least. The Haunted House was a nice idea, poorly executed. The Program had the most entertainment value, following Osiris.

Overall: worth owning, mabye, for Osiris, the only one with repeat viewing value.

Sleuth

The only one I don't like is Beyond (haunted house one)

I like World Record but I think the animation is a bit too exaggerated
I like to hug dogs

picolas

:yabbse-undecided: oh *sigh* ris - didn't like. thought the dialogue was awful. it looked great, though.

:shock:  renai sauce - good and creepy, but some of my questions remained unanswered, like why the fuck the plan to blot out the sun didn't work.
stupidest plan ever, mankind.

:yabbse-smiley: kid's tory - really good looking. liked the style change a lot.

:roll: 'gram - enjoyed it. story was a little awkward, though.

:yabbse-cheesy: wod wecod - one of my favourites. sweet animation, and one of the few that really touches on new concepts in the matrix world. so, when someone mentally escapes, time freezes for them? agents can shift between times? and certain people are given ultra-special ginormous pods? nice interpretation of agents. mayhaps they look different in different parts of the world...

:yabbse-lipsrsealed: b-yond - another one of my favs. i have to say, i got lost in it. i'm sure there's something subliminal working in that one.

:yabbse-cool: ade tec tiv est ory - liked it. noir seems a good genre for matrix tales..but the main character seemed too cut-out.

:o mawtrickyou'llated - a nice extended dream sequence. not sure how everyone was able to unplug without help from an operator...but okay..

penfold0101

Quote from: GhostboyI was most disappointed by World Record, because I used to love Aeon Flux.

Thank you sooo much! i was racking my brains trying to think what I had seen before that looked like this! I never saw any of the Aeon Flux series on MTV. In 91/92 BBC2 (again MTV for the US) aired a show called Liquid TV that was all cutting edge Animation it was part of that and the heroin died at the end of every episode, was it the same in the series?

Doing a quick search you guys get an R1 best of!! R2 don’t get shit.  :yabbse-rolleyes:
Good job I’ve got a multi-region player!

laters

:: scuttles off to find the cheapest price online ::
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

Sleuth

Actually, Peter Chung (creator and animator of Aeon Flux) did Matriculated, not World Record
I like to hug dogs

Ghostboy

Seriously? I didn't read the credits. I definitely noticed similarities, but I was like...nah, gotta be World Record! Anyway, that's great.

And yeah, Aeon Flux was indeed the show where she died at the end of every episode.

Sleuth

Yeah, in the extras they get the animators and producers and such to talk about their works
I like to hug dogs