Started by Ernie, June 07, 2003, 06:29:57 PM

children with angels

Fingers just itchin' to redirect...!
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Ernie

Quote from: MacGuffinHow did this project turn out, and can I move it to the Scorsese forum now?

It didn't really go as well as I had hoped and planned. I went in thinking I was going to be the fourth person to present but due to a whole lot of absences, I ended up going first. It really took me by surprise and I sort of rushed it so it kinda fucked the whole thing up. The teacher loved most of it though! She was the main person I was trying to impress as she is the one that grades it and set all the guidelines. As for the kids, they only really loved the skittles and the "you talkin' to me" part. They were real nice to me the whole class so it was fun. And there was a kid there to teach me how to use the PS2 that we use to show our films. I have no experience with video games. Then there was this one kid who brought in sunglasses and refused to get out of this Travis Bickle-based character the class afterwards, he was fucking hilarious.

Anyway, it could've went a lot better. There was this senior I really wanted to impress cause I had gotten my nerve up to talk to her the class before (I'm a sophomore). She's a big fan of all kinds of awesome new wave filmmaker's including PTA and she's really cute in a wierd way, she wears all this crazy, different punk-type stuff. She's sort of like a popular bookworm geek, she's really cool. So I built some of the stuff around just impressing her. Like, the whole "influences" thing was a lie, we didn't really NEED to have that. I just included it so she would be impressed that a sophomore guy knew so much about the filmmaker's that we had talked about. And then I knew the teacher would like it and give me some extra credit for the effort.

So, anyway. Thanks for all the help. I'm sure I'll get a great grade on it. I don't really see why this has to be moved to the scorsese board, there's really no point so I'd prefer if you didn't.

Gold Trumpet

Classic that teen male motivation is put to its extreme when done for the purpose of a girl. I know everyone does this, but all the stories of it are great. Ebes, you're lucky because no girl I know now or in back in high school even liked the same movies I did. My main thing when looking for a gf is whether or not she will slam my movie collection and her personality can keep my interest afloat at least a little bit.

~rougerum

SoNowThen

I look for nice boobs.

And legs. And hair. And a tight ass.

:-D
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

modage

wait, did you just say you look for hairy legs? :shock:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SoNowThen

Ha. No, no, the legs and hair should be seperate.

A nice Head of hair, is what I should have said.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SoNowThen

Pedro

My current girlfriend shares the same taste in movies that I do.  She doesn't know as much about the directors but I've taught her a lot...she's eager to learn.  I remember watching magnolia with her, and being a bit scared that the frogs might alter her opinion on the film, but she totally got it.  Afterwards we even discussed the finer points of the movie.  

She's a groovy gal.

400th post!!!

Ernie

Oh yeah man, it was fucking heaven talking to her about PTA, mostly Magnolia and Punch-Drunk Love (she even calls it Punch-Drunk!) for the short time we did. If I had any plans of ever having a girlfriend, which I don't, I would definitely love it if she shared my taste in film. I mean, it was kinda awkward cause this particular girl was a couple years older and I'm so surprised and she's so surprised that we know what eachother are talking about, you know. She was a lot smarter than me too, lol. She was talking circles around me with all these big words and stuff cause she reads a lot and she's in honors english, I'd try to counter and end up looking like a dick...I love it though, it was fun. Wanna hear the best part? Her super film geek boyfriend was standing right behind me. He was one of those faux ones though. Not like us. He loved EVERY film made before the 80's pretty much. EVERYTHING your supposed to like. He bitched about every film we watched in class. Now you wanna hear the worst part? I overheard her talking about Todd Solondz like she liked his films... :(   Oh well. It really kinda sucks that I'll never see her again. I mean, she was no Zooey Deschanel but she was cute and cool and different.

I mean, it would just be cool to hang out with her. I don't mean as a girlfriend. I have seen the future and in it, I don't have a girlfriend.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: ebeamanHer super film geek boyfriend was standing right behind me. He was one of those faux ones though. Not like us. He loved EVERY film made before the 80's pretty much. EVERYTHING your supposed to like. He bitched about every film we watched in class.

Hmmmmmm.......I bet I could take him on.

p.s. *pats himself on the back for finally learning how to quote properly*

~rougerum