mtv vma's

Started by ©brad, August 28, 2003, 10:17:46 PM

Sleuth

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesbut to prove my point about how p.r people tell celebs what bands to name drop to look cool

who did justin timberlake say was his favorite band ......... coldplay

and that guy from Linkin Park mentioned Pete Yorn for no reason
I like to hug dogs

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

QuoteWhat the hell ... he should have gotten more awards because he might get shot ? Shit, let's start giving awards to Yaser Arafat asap

without offending jeremy blackman and his p.c anti american leanings , can we all get together as a group and pray yaser arrfat gets shot and killed today and his award will be me pisssing on his grave

and that was not my point, that song deserved to win it is in fact the biggest song of 2003 and great, and sadlly like biggie and pac we may lose him but death is not enough to give a award or warren zevon would of been given his lifetime acheivment award by somebody while he can still enjoy it

QuoteShe didn't even try. I tought it was sad, and lame. But I still got a boner. Dammit.

ohh man does she have a great ass

Quote from: Sigur
Quote from: lamasaguilera is so greasy and nasty.  i wouldn't even touch that bitch with a 5 foot dildo.
'

Hey Alguien! The gay-mafia is still going strong on xixax. I suggest the mambo-brothers strikes back!

like any good Organization we are taking a break and maybe cleaning house , more news ahead as this story develeps

by the way britney and christina that is my type of gay sex, to each their own but if all lesbians were like that i would sell my car and give the money to  N.O.W

oakmanc234

Loved:

*Anything from Rock. "Ashton Kutcher really IS a motherfucker!"/(after Coldplay performed) "I hope you didn't slit your wrists to that one" etc.
*Eminem and the goofy puppet
*the kiss (that should've been longer)
*Jack Black
*Sandler & Snoop Dogg jivin'
*The fact that I'm still not sick of 'Lose Yourself'

Hated:

*Whenever Missy Elliot was involved
*Duran Duran (who gives a frick?)
*Realising how nerdy the dude from Linkin Park really is
*Christina is an ugly fuck
*The fact that 'In Da Club' is so popular, something thats been vexing me for the last few months
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

MacGuffin

Britney would not kiss another woman besides Madonna

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A gum-smacking Britney Spears told CNN Wednesday that she has never before kissed a woman and never would again -- unless the woman is Madonna.

The pop star exchanged a prolonged, open-mouth kiss with the Material Girl during MTV's Music Video Awards show last week.

"I didn't know it was going to be that long and everything," said Spears.

She said the singers had played around during rehearsal and Madonna had told her they would "just feel it out and see what happens" during the performance.

"I've never kissed a woman before," Spears said demurely.

When asked if she would "do it again," she squealed, "No, I would not do it," but then added, "Maybe with Madonna."

When asked about how her image has changed from when she was a squeaky clean Mouseketeers, Spears said, "I think I'm still clean living. I mean I don't go home and have orgies or anything like that."

The singer said she is just "performing and expressing myself." She also believes that by fulfilling her own dreams and having fun doing it, she is inspiring her fans.

Spears said would love to make another movie or a musical, but she is focusing on her music right now.

Spears avoided the political pot hole that other entertainers have fallen into when she was asked about whether she supported the war in Iraq.

"Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision that he makes and we should just support that," she said.

She said she trusted President Bush but said she didn't know if he would get re-elected to the White House.

However, the singer would love to move to another country. She may follow Madonna's lead and take up residence in London.

"It's the one place that I feel completely anonymous. And I just like the way they treasure everything. Everything is very simply done," she explained. "The milkman still comes to the door. And Iike the simplicity of that."

However much she would like to avoid cameras following her everywhere, she said she really enjoys the reality TV shows.

When asked what else she watched, she said, "Oh CNN – all the time, all the time."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffinBritney would not kiss another woman besides Madonna

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A gum-smacking Britney Spears told CNN Wednesday that she has never before kissed a woman and never would again -- unless the woman is Madonna.

"I didn't know it was going to be that long and everything," said Spears.

"I've never kissed a woman before,"  

..she squealed...

... Spears said, "I think I'm still clean living. I mean I don't go home and have orgies or anything like that."

The singer said she is just "performing and expressing myself." She also believes that by fulfilling her own dreams and having fun doing it, she is inspiring her fans.

Spears said would love to make another movie or a musical, but she is focusing on her music right now.

"It's the one place that I feel completely anonymous. And I just like the way they treasure everything. Everything is very simply done," she explained. "The milkman still comes to the door. And Iike the simplicity of that."

... she said she really enjoys the reality TV shows.

LoL...she sounds odd...........................

Quote from: Sigur
Quote from: lamasaguilera is so greasy and nasty.  i wouldn't even touch that bitch with a 5 foot dildo.
'

Hey Alguien! The gay-mafia is still going strong on xixax. I suggest the mambo-brothers strikes back!

he couldnt touch me with a five foot dildo its lost in his moms asshole alongside a coffee mug a copy of karate world magazine a can of coke, a pen once owned by carol o conner,  and a copy of kenny loggins greatest hits

yet somehow she still has enough room to go number two with all that stuff in there

she must be a vegitarian

Quote from: MacGuffin
Vegetarians  have looser sphincters .

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalones... a copy of karate world magazine ...

LoL!!!..your the man......

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalones... a copy of karate world magazine ...

LoL!!!..your the man......

Thank you ma man

Banky

POSTSCRIPT TO A KISS

By J. Max Robins
Madonna's serial smooches with Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera at the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards show left Aguilera begging for more — airtime that is. According to MTV sources, reps for Aguilera attempted to pressure the network to re-edit the steamy "Like a Virgin" segment from the show so that in its infinite rebroadcasts the camera would linger longer on the Madonna-Aguilera liplock.

"In most of the coverage, the whole thing was referred to as the Madonna-Britney kiss, with [Aguilera] mentioned in the whole thing as almost an afterthought," says an MTV insider. "So we got the inevitable call, and, of course, didn't do anything about it."

The 10.7-million viewers who watched this year's MTV Awards didn't match last year's record 12 million, even with the girl-on-girl tongue-wrestling opener. However, the VMAs scored its highest rating ever among women 18-49, sort of the span of the Britney, Christina, and Madonna demographic.

modage

wow, get this.  the whole Duran Duran debacle.  where the video didnt play?  and some dude handed them their awards?  and kelly TOLD everyone to stand up?  its ALL GONE.  

on the re-broadcast that they are going to show from now till forever of the awards, they actually cut to the VIDEO MONTAGE with the sounds like they were supposed to, and when it ends its the audience standing up on their own and them with their awards saying "thank you".  unbelievable.  

but not really, considering they did the same thing to the triumph/eminem thing last year.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

mogwai

MTV moves video awards to Miami

MTV will this year hold its 21st Video Music Awards in Miami for the first time, on 29 August.

The awards will be held at the American Airlines Arena, the cable television network said on Friday.

In recent years, either LA or New York has hosted the event, which celebrates the year's best music videos.

An awards executive explained:"There were very, very limited venue possibilities in New York because of the Republican National Convention."

Kal

Oh yeap... great news for me... 10 blocks away from my place :)

mogwai

MIAMI SOUND MACHINES!

OUTKAST and POLYPHONIC SPREE are to join the live performers at this year's MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS.

The pair perform alongside previously announced stars including Christina Aguilera, Nelly, Alicia Keys and Jet at the ceremony, which will take place in Miami's American Airlines Arena on August 29.

Franz Ferdinand and The Darkness are among the nominees at the awards.

The 'Take Me Out' promo is in the running for the MTV2 Award and Breakthrough Video prizes, while 'I Believe In A Thing Called Love' is placed in the Best Rock Video and Best New Artist In A Video categories.

Despite retiring from the hip-hop scene this year, Jay-Z landed six nominations for his last video '99 Problems', with Beyonce, No Doubt, Usher and OutKast following with five each.

This year's MTV Video Music Awards nominations are:

Best Video Of The Year

OutKast - 'Hey Ya'
Usher feat. Lil' Jon and Ludacris - 'Yeah'
Britney Spears - 'Toxic'
D-12 - 'My Band'
Jay-Z - '99 Problems'

Best Male Video

Jay-Z - '99 Problems'
Justin Timberlake - 'Senorita'
Kanye West feat. Syleena Johnson - 'All Falls Down'
Prince - 'Musicology'

Best Female Video

Britney Spears - 'Toxic'
Beyonce - 'Naughty Girl'
Alicia Keys - 'If I Ain't Got You'
Jessica Simpson - 'With You'
Christina Aguilera - 'The Voice Within'

Best Group Video

No Doubt - 'It's My Life'
D-12 - 'My Band'
Hoobastank - 'The Reason'
Maroon 5 - 'This Love'
Good Charlotte - 'Hold Off'

Best Rap Video

Jay-Z - '99 Problems'
D-12 - 'My Band'
50 Cent feat. Snoop Dogg and G-Unit - 'P.I.M.P. Remix'
Ludacris - 'Stand Up'
Lil' Jon And The East Side Boyz feat. Ying Yang Twins - 'Get Low'

Best R&B Video

Usher - 'Burn'
Alicia Keys - 'If I Ain't Got You'
Brandy feat. Kanye West - 'Talk About Our Love'
Beyonce - 'Me, Myself and I'
R Kelly - 'Step In The Name Of Love'

Best Hip Hop Video

Outkast - 'Hey Ya'
Black Eyed Peas - 'Hey Mama'
Nelly feat. P. Diddy and Murphy Lee - 'Shake Ya Tailfeather'
Chingy feat. Ludacris and Snoop Dogg - 'Holidae In'

Best Dance Video

Beyonce - 'Naughty Girl'
Britney Spears - 'Toxic'
Missy Elliot - 'I'm Really Hot'

Best Rock Video

Jet - 'Are You Gonna Be My Girl'
The Darkness - 'I Believe In A Thing Called Love'
Hoobastank - 'The Reason'
Evanescence - 'My Immortal'
Linkin Park - 'Breaking The Habit'

Best Pop Video

Britney Spears - 'Toxic'
Jessica Simpson - 'With You'
Hillary Duff - 'Come Clean'
Avril Lavigne - 'Don't Tell Me'

Best New Artist In A Video

Jet - 'Are You Gonna Be My Girl?'
Maroon 5 - 'This Love'
JoJo - 'Leave (Get Out)'
Yellowcard - 'Ocean Avenue'
The Darkness - 'I Believe In A Thing Called Love'

MTV2 Award

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 'Maps'
Elephant Man - 'Pon De River'
Yellowcard - 'Ocean Avenue'
Twista feat. Kanye West and Jamie Foxx - 'Slow Jamz'
Franz Ferdinand - 'Take Me Out'
Modest Mouse - 'Float On'

Breakthrough Video

Franz Ferdinand - 'Take Me Out'
New Found Glory - 'All Downhill From Here'
The White Stripes - 'The Hardest Button To Button'
Steriogram - 'Walkie Talkie Man'

Best Direction In A Video

Jay-Z '99 Problems'
Outkast - 'Hey Ya'

Best Choreography In A Video

Missy Elliott - 'I'm Really Hot'
Beyonce - 'Naughty Girl'
Sean Paul - 'Like Glue'

Best Special Effects In A Video

Incubus - 'Megalomaniac'
Outkast - 'Hey Ya'

Best Art Direction In A Video

No Doubt - 'It's My Life''
Outkast - 'Hey Ya'
Alicia Keys - 'You Don't Know My Name'
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 'Maps'

Best Editing In A Video

Jay-Z - '99 Problems'
Jet - 'Are You Gonna Be My Girl?'
Simple Plan - 'Perfect'
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 'Maps'

Best Cinematography In A Video

Jay-Z - '99 Problems'
No Doubt -- 'It's My Life'
Beyonce - 'Naughty Girl'
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 'Maps'
Christina Aguilera - 'The Voice Within'

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: mogwai
Best Video Of The Year

OutKast - 'Hey Ya'
Britney Spears - 'Toxic'
D-12 - 'My Band'
Jay-Z - '99 Problems'
How? Why?!
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.