Magnolia Talk

Started by Hazzlehorst, April 01, 2003, 01:45:40 PM

cine

Ah, that's me also. He confessed his dirty sins but I would be unforgiving.. ''Burn Gator Burn! Disco Inferno...''

moonshiner

just bought my Magnolia shooting script on ebay....woohoo!

possibly my most immature finish to a post
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

aclockworkjj

I supose this applies here....

I am sitting here at work..watching Magnolia (yes, I am spoiled)...and one scence always sticks out in my head cause it's just that fucking great!!  The scene I am speaking of is Phil's "This is the part in the movie where you help me out..."

Over and over, everytime I watch it, this scene constantly sticks out.  Just the movie reference within a movie alone is amazing.  Writing at it's best...cause it's very true, and Phil says it's true, and it is true.  We all reference movies on a daily basis, but to see it in inside of a movie is something you don't see too often.  What I like about Paul's movies (and this scene demonstrates it perfectly) is the way they are written and shot, often will make you forget it's a movie you are watching.  Or at least you drift away at times.  But the real life references you can make from Magnolia in particular are limitless....You can find yourself saying, "I know a guy like that...", "I have seen that happen before...", or even "I know how that character is feeling cause I have been there".  Not taking away from other movies, but a movie that can make you look at your own life in many different ways, is truely the complete cinamatic experience!  

Maybe I am just on a huge Magnolia high right now, but I am too broke to go out to lunch so instead I am spending it here....

atticus jones

you whut my peep lyke to call a "mag hag"

no one watched that dope mo than me...

prepped that sho for all to see...

kept my dough in privacy...

met my ho in sin city...

sucked my lap of luxury...

no one has mo fun than me...

out
side
ways
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

blu

Influenza, or the flu, is generally not dangerous, but complications from the infection can be. Some people who get the flu become seriously ill and need to be hospitalized. Some people even die from illnesses related to the flu. That's why it's important for you and your child's doctor to determine whether your family needs the flu vaccine.

aclockworkjj

my bad for trying to be serious.....exactly what screwed up the last board.

fulty

Quote from: aclockworkjjtrying to be serious......
Well, I liked what you said very much.
That was a great scene and very original.

Going out on a limb here, but I think miss jones agreed with you.
And I think the flu thing may have simply been posted in the wrong thread.

Hang in there.
btw....A Clockwork Orange is on my top 10 list..!!
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

Sleuth

Yes, I agree too, but I don't think I have enough to say on the subject since you said just about everything
I like to hug dogs

pipo

I think the main message is , you won't believe till you feel the fear, so change yourselve now (remeber the frog's plague from Moses and Ramses in Egypt).
Hi, Just passed by...