The stupidest thing you've heard someone say about a movie..

Started by CollinBullock, March 29, 2003, 02:00:00 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: dufresnesnaporaz would probably agree with me when i say i hate when people say they love movies specifically because the movie was a "mindfuck!"
i'm not snaporaz but i'll agree with u. most everyone i know who liked Being John Malkovich said it was "trippy".

i hate that word.
under the paving stones.

dufresne

Donnie Darko was the greatest movie ever made because it was a mindfuck!
There are shadows in life, baby.

EL__SCORCHO

Quote from: cecil b. demented
Quote from: ProgWRXOhhhhhhh man  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  What I wouldnt do to slap that bitch !!!! Here I am WISHING I were taking cinematography classes and UGHHHHHH  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

and if you were, youd be taking cinematography classes but youd also be stuck with those people

hahahahahahaahahahaha

NEON MERCURY

.."the only good thing is this movie was the sex scene".-mulholland drive

Spike

Recently I was with a friend of mine in the theatre and we watched "2 Fast 2 Furious". And at the end he said: "Wow, the film has a good story and a very good screenwriting".

:x
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

©brad

MacGuffin

I still think "2 Fast" was one of the better action popcorn flicks of the summer. Hell of a lot better than Bad Boys 2, Tomb Raider 2 and Charlie's Angels 2.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

Heard the first day in my media criticism class after we watched Citizen Kane:

"Any Keanu Reeves movie would be acceptable."
"Street Fighter - now that was an instant classic."

Now, I don't hate Street Fighter nearly as much as most people.  To me, it's more it's camp value that makes it so great.  But they're talking about it like the guy who said 2 Fast 2 Furious was great writing.  Even if it may have been a good popcorn flick, great writing it didn't have.

(Grosse?) Point Blank they mentioned loving.

Seven Years in Tibet they said, trying to channel Gene Shalit, "felt like seven years."

They also had no clue what the fuck was up with that cockatiel (sp?) in Citizen Kane after Susan leaves Charles.

And needless to say, a week later, Sunset Boulevard didn't go over very well with most of the audience, either.

Vile5

oh i heard something really stupid :yabbse-angry:

my friend and me went to a Japanese theater to watch RASHOMON you know, the master piece of Akira Kurosawa (a god in my opinion) well the film finished and a girl next to us was with her boyfriend and he asked to her :
so?
and she said
well boring but good to waste the time
can you believe it  :yabbse-angry:  :yabbse-angry:  :yabbse-angry: ??????????????????????
my friend and me wanted to kill her but we didn't (25 five years on jale for good behaviour)
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

ProgWRX

Saw this on another message board i visit :

(the guy is talking about Punch Drunk Love)

QuoteOk. I just wasted $3.50 on this peice of crap movie. I heard from numerous people (some here on this board) that said it was good movie.

You f'in liars! This was the slowest, most non-point movie I've ever seen. If you're thinking about seeing this movie, don't!
[/b]

:lol:
-Carlos

Pas

Quote from: Vile5
so?
and she said
can you believe it  :yabbse-angry:  :yabbse-angry:  :yabbse-angry: ??????????????????????
my friend and me wanted to kill her but we didn't (25 five years on jale for good behaviour)

Don't forget one thing...social pressure. When I took a class called something like Methodology in Humanities (Méthodologie en Sciences Humaines in french :) ) in college, we had to make a psychology experiment. We chose to test social pressure. We were 4 people from the team and one guy's father. He was to find a person, bring him/her to a local we were in and pretend this was new drink that they were trying. We made them taste salted cold water. The guy giving the test was dressed in a suit, was like 45, very credible. He gave it to the team first, and we all said things like : 'Not bad' or 'Yeah I'd buy it'. 7 times out of nine, the other person said something in the lines of : 'Yeah, pretty good'

Pathetic but true.

Pedro

Quote from: Pas Rapport
Quote from: Vile5
so?
and she said

Don't forget one thing...social pressure. When I took a class called something like Methodology in Humanities (Méthodologie en Sciences Humaines in french :) ) in college, we had to make a psychology experiment. We chose to test social pressure. We were 4 people from the team and one guy's father. He was to find a person, bring him/her to a local we were in and pretend this was new drink that they were trying. We made them taste salted cold water. The guy giving the test was dressed in a suit, was like 45, very credible. He gave it to the team first, and we all said things like : 'Not bad' or 'Yeah I'd buy it'. 7 times out of nine, the other person said something in the lines of : 'Yeah, pretty good'

Pathetic but true.
Psychology is great...did you ever check out asch's conformity experiments?

While on the subject of psych.....does anyone know where I could get a copy of Milgram's Obedience experiment or the Stanford Prison Experiment for a reasonable price?  Most places I look it's like at least 100 dollars.

Pubrick

Quote from: Pas RapportDon't forget one thing...social pressure. When I took a class called something like Methodology in Humanities (Méthodologie en Sciences Humaines in french :) ) in college, we had to make a psychology experiment. We chose to test social pressure. We were 4 people from the team and one guy's father. He was to find a person, bring him/her to a local we were in and pretend this was new drink that they were trying. We made them taste salted cold water. The guy giving the test was dressed in a suit, was like 45, very credible. He gave it to the team first, and we all said things like : 'Not bad' or 'Yeah I'd buy it'. 7 times out of nine, the other person said something in the lines of : 'Yeah, pretty good'

Pathetic but true.
reminds me of the Institute For Finding Out Obvious Things.
under the paving stones.

A Fire Inside

I once heard a girl in my class say that Moulin Rouge was the gayest movie ever...obviously not a romantic.
If life gives you babies, make baby-aid

snaporaz

Quote from: A Fire InsideI once heard a girl in my class say that Moulin Rouge was the gayest movie ever...obviously not a romantic.

you must be gay if you're a guy with that avatar.

hehe. sorry. i'm just venting from having to deal with my girlfriend's obssession with that crap bubblegum-punk band. and how she fucking refers to him by his first name....ugh.