New Live Action Batman Short

Started by Derek, July 18, 2003, 07:56:40 PM

Derek

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

modage

god how i want to see this thing.  macguffin?

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Just Withnail

This awesome piece of superhero love needs to sort out any problems Warner may have, and get it's ass to DVD.

Ghostboy

There's apparently a 2-disc DVD set, featuring the film and a ton of behind the scenes stuff. So far, the only place it seems to be available is....Pedazo Chunk, a cult video store in Austin that just so happens to be run by Harry Knowles' sister. So Regular Karate, go rent it and give us the rundown!

Cecil

Raikus

I've got my hands on a 44MB Quicktime version of this. If someone wants to put up the hosting, just PM me with the FTP info and I'll send it where you want.

I don't want to say too much since I'm the only one whose seen this so far, but it's... not what you're expecting. Great setting and art direction. Just... well, watch it and see.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Duck Sauce

How fucking cool, where did this come from?

jokerspath

Quote from: Duck SauceHow fucking cool, where did this come from?

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

modage

i downloaded the thing as well, but i cant seem to get it to play.  it keeps hiccupping and closing after a few seconds.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Raikus

Quote from: themodernage02i downloaded the thing as well, but i cant seem to get it to play.  it keeps hiccupping and closing after a few seconds.
I had to re-install Quicktime Pro 6.0 to get it to run. My old Quicktime wouldn't run it and my Codec player had lines running through it.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Raikus

I'm not so special anymore. Download the short here (just look for the Batman link): http://www.sajuta.org/

You may also have to install "Quicktime Alternative" from freecodecs.com to view it.

Cecil

modage

alright!  i just watched it.  (its really only 6 min, the last two are credits).  i got halfway thru, it stalled and then i resumed from that point.  so, thats good enough for me.  i had to re-download it from that site you posted, (although i couldnt get quicktime alt to install).  i thought it was pretty darn cool, although i'm not sure how i feel about the surprises.  i would've just preferred a normal gotham thing, to the elseworlds type of stuff.  but i think it does set the bar for whoever is doing the new batman movies, (not that burton didnt set the bar pretty fucking high as well), this is a different way to do it, without it being not serious.  love the costume.  i hope they use that in the movies, but if theyre gonna cast some beanpole like kutcher or ledger or pearce or whoever, that aint gonna happen.  theyre gonna need the fake muscles.

MacGuffin

The opening scenes were really well done and looked like comic book artwork and panels. The dialogue with the Joker was a nice 'who-made-who' exchange. In fact, all was going great... until it decided to mix 'genres'.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

i dont think the short quite lived up to this picture...

like an alex ross painting come to life.  incredible.