What's a good movie to see that i haven't heard of?

Started by Crash, May 03, 2003, 10:54:14 PM

Crash

I wanna watch a movie that i don't know anything about. i want to be totally surprised when i see Phillip Baker Hall in some movie. Let it be indy, foreign (i like reading subtitles), or something that didn't really get much publicity, thanks...
"Drum roll please...I'm gonna be a screenwriter! Like you!"

Crash

crash, you are an idiot. why are you trying to be like some kind of a director prodigy? you're not gonna amount to anything...

Crash

thank you for putting me down... but did you know that i am rubber

...and you are glue...

...and everything you say bounces of me and sticks to you?

Crash

you're right i'm sorry... can we be friends?

cowboykurtis

try watching some of your old home movies your father took of you as a child. your dad showed them to me, they were brilliant -- if you have to view one of them, id definately recommend "christmas 1987" -- all after that is downhill.
...your excuses are your own...

Film Student

Quote from: CrashI wanna watch a movie that i don't know anything about. i want to be totally surprised when i see Phillip Baker Hall in some movie. Let it be indy, foreign (i like reading subtitles), or something that didn't really get much publicity, thanks...

Watch "Poison" by Todd Haynes, or "The Falls" by Peter Greenaway...
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

RegularKarate

Quote from: Film StudentWatch "Poison" by Todd Haynes

I'm sorry, but I just saw this movie the other week and was pretty disapointed.  I thought it was just okay, not something I would ever want to see again.

So, I decided I should give Haynes another shot and last week watched Safe, I thought maybe that one might be better because I love Julianne Moore, but I just did NOT get into this film.  I thought it was worse than Poison.

I guess I just don't like Haynes, though I'm sure I'll rent Far From Heaven.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: Crashi want to be totally surprised when i see Phillip Baker Hall ...

all i know is when i first saw him screwing that chick in  magnolia i was pretty darn  surprised

i just sat there thinking  " well thats just not right"

Film Student

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: Film StudentWatch "Poison" by Todd Haynes

I'm sorry, but I just saw this movie the other week and was pretty disapointed.  I thought it was just okay, not something I would ever want to see again.

So, I decided I should give Haynes another shot and last week watched Safe, I thought maybe that one might be better because I love Julianne Moore, but I just did NOT get into this film.  I thought it was worse than Poison.

I guess I just don't like Haynes, though I'm sure I'll rent Far From Heaven.

Haynes is an aquired taste... I watched "Safe" first and had to think about it for a long time... then I watched it again and decided that I really liked it a lot... then I watched "Far From Heaven" and that blew me away... "Poison" was the last one I watched, and while it wasn't nearly as good as the other two, I thought what he tried to do was really gutsy and interesting.   I haven't seen "Velvet Goldmine" or "Superstar", but they're on my list...
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Film Student

I got it:

Watch every Jim Jarmusch film... in a row.  If that doesn't fuck with your outlook on life then I don't know what will.  Watch them in this order:

Stranger Than Paradise
Down By Law
Mystery Train
Night on Earth
Dead Man
Ghost Dog: way of the samurai
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Quote from: Film StudentI got it:

Watch every Jim Jarmusch film... in a row.  If that doesn't fuck with your outlook on life then I don't know what will.

right now we need a smile face for this emotion
" what the fuck is this guy going on about ?????????"

for now i will use this  :?

blu

hey oklahoma, you got a beeeeeg storm heading your way.  we had hail in utah, you will prob get twirling cows and grain.

Film Student

Quote from: bluhey oklahoma, you got a beeeeeg storm heading your way.  we had hail in utah, you will prob get twirling cows and grain.

rock n roll.

thanks for the heads up.
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Film Student

Quote from: Butterscotch Jones
Quote from: Film StudentI got it:

Watch every Jim Jarmusch film... in a row.  If that doesn't fuck with your outlook on life then I don't know what will.

right now we need a smile face for this emotion
" what the fuck is this guy going on about ?????????"

for now i will use this  :?

Don't fuck with me buttersnatch.
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

student, what happened to the peace ???? please oh please do not tell me you are a hypocrite