Help :)

Started by Myxo, June 20, 2003, 02:58:39 PM

Myxo

Ok. Here is the deal. I am putting together a CD of background soundtrack music. I am looking for the following requirements.

1. No words. In order for the CD to "work", it needs to be consistant.
2. It should be on the "mellow" side. It is background music.

Here are some movie ideas I've come up with so far. All of these films have soundtrack music that I really like.

- Mulholland Drive
- Clockwork Orange
- Requiem for a Dream
- Punch-Drunk Love
- Magnolia
- Donnie Darko
- The Piano
- Last of the Mohicans

I know I am forgetting a ton of films. I may even make this an MP3 CD if I can put together a big enough list. (Over 15 tracks probably)

Throw me a bone here people. Lets hear some ideas.

Sleuth

Ravenous
Edward Scissorhands
I like to hug dogs

SoNowThen

Last Temptation Of Christ
Eyes Wide Shut
Thin Red Line
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

children with angels

Quote from: tremoloslothEdward Scissorhands

Big, massive, whoopass "yes"! I lost my copy of that soundtrack...  :yabbse-cry:
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Myxo

Quote from: children with angels
Quote from: tremoloslothEdward Scissorhands

Big, massive, whoopass "yes"! I lost my copy of that soundtrack...  :yabbse-cry:

I have a copy ;) I have so many soundtracks.

aclockworkjj

road to perdition
true romance
the brothers mcmullen
cinema paradiso

godardian

Safe and Far from Heaven have very evocative scores; the former borrows much sound-wise from Brian Eno's Music for Films which, while not from specific films, probably fits the bill of this thread.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

SoNowThen

Yeah, if they can be non-movie but "should be in a movie" songs, then I'd say the two instrumentals from Pet Sounds.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.