Hitchcock

Started by jmj, March 14, 2003, 01:28:28 PM

Reinhold

in the last few frames before Psycho cuts to credits, is there a subtle 'lap of the skeleton over his face?

i wasn't sure whether i saw that or not. my guess is that it is there, but briefly enough to be unsettling.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

modage

yes, its quite famous.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Reinhold

thanks. in my defense, i saw it in a shitty viewing room at school at the end of a very long viewing day. saw the banner just now and it reminded me, but it was too small for me to tell.

thank you for taking it light on me with a simple "its quite famous."
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

samsong

Quote from: Reinhold on June 22, 2006, 07:48:28 PM
thank you for taking it light on me with a simple "its quite famous."

you're a bitch.

Reinhold

that's more like it.

has anybody else read donald spoto's Dark Side of Genius? i haven't read much of anything else about hitchcock, but it came recommended by one of my profs and so far I think it's quite good. 

MacGuffin

Quote from: Reinhold on June 23, 2006, 08:34:21 PMhas anybody else read donald spoto's Dark Side of Genius? i haven't read much of anything else about hitchcock, but it came recommended by one of my profs and so far I think it's quite good. 

It's a good read, just don't take it as gospel. It can come off more gossip than truth.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

samsong

I Confess, anyone? 

tpfkabi

they're airing his Dick Cavett interview on TCM.
i have never seen an extended interview with him.........he's hilarious.

I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

tpfkabi

MacGuffin

'Thirteen' a lucky number for thesps
Fogler to play helmer Hitchcock in thriller
Source: Variety

Ben Kingsley and Emily Mortimer have joined Dan Fogler (below) and Ewan McGregor in drama "Number Thirteen." Chase Palmer penned the script and makes his helming debut.

Union Square Entertainment's Jason Berk and Matt Lane will produce with Gail Mutrux. Union Square is financing the film, which begins shooting in February.

Fogler plays a young Alfred Hitchcock as he tried to make "Number Thirteen," a first film he never completed. In the fictional storyline, the director becomes involved in his own Hitchcockian dilemma involving romance and murder.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Running With Hitchcock
Nip/Tuck creator going Psycho.

Focus Features is reportedly developing a thriller called Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho. John McLaughlin penned the screenplay.

Ryan Murphy, the creator of Nip/Tuck and the director of Running with Scissors, is Focus' pick to direct the project, according to TMZ.com.

TMZ claims that the script "is being kept tightly under wraps, but we hear it blends both the actual and the not-so-factual events that lead up to the making of the classic thriller, a retelling wherein a killer outside the script becomes interested in Hitchcock's chilling masterpiece."

This isn't the only Alfred Hitchcock-inspired pseudo-biopic, movie-within a-movie that is in the works. Number Thirteen, starring Dan Fogler as Hitch, focuses on the Master of Suspense's lost and unfinished first film, complete with a murder plot and love triangle involving the filmmaker. Ben Kingsley co-stars.

Focus' parent company, Universal Pictures, is also developing a remake of Hitchcock's The Birds with Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes shingle.

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

I"m guessing they have to pay some residuals to the Hitchcock estate to use his likeness.........why not just make these movies with a Hitch-esque director since they've partly fictional?

SiliasRuby

Quote from: bigideas on November 08, 2006, 08:53:21 PM
why not just make these movies with a Hitch-esque director since they've partly fictional?
Depalma!
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

tpfkabi

i think you know what i was going for and are joking, but to clarify, i meant just a fictional director who typically does suspense as the lead character.

maybe they are hoping that Hitch's name draws people to the project?

SiliasRuby

Quote from: bigideas on November 08, 2006, 10:24:36 PM
i think you know what i was going for and are joking, but to clarify, i meant just a fictional director who typically does suspense as the lead character.

maybe they are hoping that Hitch's name draws people to the project?
No need to clarify, they are hoping they won't have to hit the "young, hip" audience over the head on who Hitchcock was and what his cinema meant.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection