Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

Alethia

hehe.  you know, it ain't so bad. i was in a shitty mood that day.  stand by me's alright.

Just Withnail

Quote from: themodernage02for ebeaman and eward...

Title: Stand By Me
Released: 22nd March 2005
SRP: $24.96

Further Details
Early details have begun to emerge on a new collector's edition of Stand By Me which stars Wil Wheaton, River Phoenix, Corey Feldman, Jerry O'Connell, Kiefer Sutherland and John Cusack. The new edition of this Rob Reiner directed film, will arrive in shops from the 22nd March, priced at around $24.96. The two-disc package will include the CD soundtrack, a collectible booklet along with a director's commentary, a Walking the Tracks: The Summer of Stand By Me featurette, a music video and more. We hope to bring you further details on this one, including a look at the artwork, shortly. Make sure you stay tuned for that.

That's basically the exact disc that's out there right now, with the addition of the soundtrack and a booklet.

MacGuffin

Because I'm afraid it got lost in the Michael Mann debate, I'll repost it here:

Heat SE Due 2/22

Details on Warner Home Video's forthcoming Heat two-disc special edition, the 1995 Michael Mann film starring Al Pacino, Robert De Niro and Val Kilmer.

Disc one will feature the film with a new transfer and remixed audio, plus a commentary by writer/director Michael Mann, plus three trailers. Disc two will contain the rest of the goodies.

*11 additional scenes

*Five new making-of documentaries featuring the cast and crew

*Return to the Scene of the Crime - Location Manager, Janice Polley, and Associate Producer, Gusmano Cesaretti, visit the real life LA locations used in the film

*Pacino and De Niro: The Conversation - Mann, cast and crew explore this historic on-screen showdown in the pivotal confrontation at Kate Mantellini's

*The Making of Heat: True Crime - Michael Mann and Chuck Adamson, Technical Advisor and real life inspiration for the Lt. Vincent Hanna character, discuss the Chicago crime scene and the events surrounding the real Neil McCauley (who Adamson took down in the late 60s) that inspired the film.

*The Making of Heat: Crime Stories - Mann, cast and crew discuss the twenty year origin of the script, the film's genesis and the complexity of the characters portrayed on screen

*The Making of Heat: Into the Fire - Mann, cast and crew discuss training for their roles, filming in LA, shooting the climatic downtown heist and post production.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

ooh, i love heat.  probably the best movie of its kind since rififi.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: themodernage02ooh, i love heat.  probably the best movie of its kind since rififi.

ha!

cine

DVDAnswers:

"Well, here comes a suspiciously well timed release! Being rushed out to shops for release next month is Tsunami: Killer Wave which depicts nature at its most extreme, profiles the efforts being made to curb its effects and illustrates the financial, physical and emotional toll it can leave on its victims. The disc will be available to own from the 22nd February, and should retail at around $19.98. I should point out that a portion of National Geographic's net proceeds from sales of this DVD will be donated to tsunami relief funds to help the victims of the recent tsunami disaster. Just a month after the tsunami in Asia, you'd think they'd be giving all proceeds toward the disaster fund - but what do I know!"

samsong

not sure if someone posted something about this one already, but it almost made me cry.

Commentary by director of photography Michael Chapman, producer Irwin Winkler, music producer Robbie Robertson, producer Robert Chartoff, actress Theresa Saldana, actor John Turturro, and supervising sound effects editor Frank Warner

Commentary by writer Mardik Martin, writer Paul Schrader, boxer-author Jake LaMotta, and LaMotta's nephew Jason Lustig

"Raging Bull: Before the Fight": documentary on the writing, casting, and preproduction of the film

"Raging Bull: Inside the Ring": in-depth look at the choreography and the shooting of the fight scenes

"Raging Bull: Outside the Ring": Behind-the-scenes stories

"Raging Bull: After the Fight": featurette on the sound design, music, and impact of the film

"The Bronx Bull": making-of documentary

"De Niro vs. LaMotta": shot-by-shot comparison of De Niro and LaMotta in the ring

Newsreel footage of the real LaMotta

Original theatrical trailer

Number of discs: 2

MacGuffin

Quote from: samsongnot sure if someone posted something about this one already...

Guess you don't visit the Scorsese forum.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pwaybloe

Well, he's crying now.

SoNowThen

wtf? no Scorsese commentary?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

samsong

shit... left off "Commentary by director Martin Scorsese and editor Thelma Schoonmaker"

:yabbse-cry:

john

From the digital bits:

"Also, Warner apparently revealed to the USA Today yesterday that it plans to release a Controversial Classics Collection on DVD on 5/10. The set will include I Am a Fugitive From a Chain Gang (1932), Fury (1936), Bad Day at Black Rock (1955), Blackboard Jungle (1955), A Face in the Crowd (1957), Advise and Consent (1962) and The Americanization of Emily (1964). Each of these films dealt with "controversial" topics like race, homosexuality, violence, etc. On disc, each title is expected to include bonus materials specifically addressing the film's impact and legacy. We're waiting to hear more on this from the studio officially."

BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK....goddamn, I've been waiting this DVD since 1998.

Great, great news. Fantastic, really.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

SHAFTR

Quote from: johnFrom the digital bits:

"Also, Warner apparently revealed to the USA Today yesterday that it plans to release a Controversial Classics Collection on DVD on 5/10. The set will include I Am a Fugitive From a Chain Gang (1932), Fury (1936), Bad Day at Black Rock (1955), Blackboard Jungle (1955), A Face in the Crowd (1957), Advise and Consent (1962) and The Americanization of Emily (1964). Each of these films dealt with "controversial" topics like race, homosexuality, violence, etc. On disc, each title is expected to include bonus materials specifically addressing the film's impact and legacy. We're waiting to hear more on this from the studio officially."

sorry, I know it's not official...and there's not a relase dat...but it obviously IS coming.

BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK....goddamn, I've been waiting this DVD since 1998.

Great, great news. Fantastic, really.

Advise and Consent is a very good Preminger film.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

john

Quote from: SHAFTR

Advise and Consent is a very good Preminger film.

It sure as hell is. Other then that, Bad Day, and Blackboard jungle...I haven't seen any of these.

these Warner sets are just continually great purchases.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: johnBAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK....goddamn, I've been waiting this DVD since 1998.

maybe it will have the infamous commentary PTA talks about, but considering the commentary belongs to Criterion and Warners is releasing this DVD, don't bet on it.