VX 2000 Polarizer

Started by Film Student, April 02, 2003, 06:43:11 PM

Film Student

I'm currently shooting a film on the Sony VX 2000, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what kind of polarizer to use in order to avoid reflections.  The polarizer I'm using is really shitty (i.e. not working), but I know there's gotta be something out there...
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

aclockworkjj

Just get a neutral density filter too....you can get different stengths (so to speak)....but realize the greater the density of the  filter, the more light you will lose...It should help with some glare too...

Tiffen makes pretty good, and cheap filters....

Redlum

Yeah, Im using a Tiffen circular polarizer and its very good.

http://www.tiffen.com/BFILT_06_07.htm

Cost me £30 on a 58mm thread. So... about $50?
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

aclockworkjj

What's the VX-2000????...I think a 62mm or maybe 67mm thread?...but yeah regardless a circular polarizer for that should still be under $70...Tiffen makes some pretty decent glass for the price....

aclockworkjj

FS....ever have any luck?

ReelHotGames

VX2000 is a 58mm thread and I also use the Tiffen neutral density, works very well and cost me $45 bucks can't beat that with a fish
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm