To Newbs, introduce yourself.

Started by Xixax, January 08, 2003, 01:13:48 PM

idk

Quote from: bigideas on November 21, 2007, 10:59:08 PM
Quote from: idk on October 29, 2007, 05:48:55 PM
although i did get to go on the sets of "The Patriot" and "The Notebook"(my only film experiences) 

welcome aboard.
how did you get to go on the sets?

not recognizing the avatar.
on the Patriot my cousin was an extra and then on the Notebook the same cousin was the personal assitant for Racheal McAdams and her husband was Ryan Gosling's personal assitant... i got to see the ferris wheel scene and a couple of the scenes at the saw mill place, i think it was(where Gosling's character worked), the lumber yard place where they filmed it was right across the street from a prison out in the middle of the country, kind of scary. I got to meet Gosling who my cousin and her mate thought highly of but I think they got fed up with McAdams who seemed to be really demanding and bitchy from what they said.

the avatar is from The Virgin Suicides
"I love her"

Mr.

Hi Everybody!

First: I just want to introduce myself. My name is Jonas Thorbjoern, is 23 years old and I´m from Denmark (if you know where that is? It´s right on top of Germany.)
Since I was nine years old and became aware that there was someone called A Director behind all the movies I loved and watched over and over and over again, I knew that´s what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. And it still is.
(If you´re interested go to my myspace and see my filmography: http://www.myspace.com/jonasthorbjoern
Back then my main influence was Steven Spielberg. He was the one that got my interested in movies in the first place. So he is still one of my heroes.
But since then, I´ve come across people like Ridley Scott, Woody Allen, Michel Gondry, James Cameron, Robert Zemeckis, Clint Eastwood, Sergio Leone, Christoffer Bo and Ole Christian Madsen (Danish directors), Michael Bay, Martin Scorsese and P.T. Anderson!
Especially P.T. Anderson!

Now: The reason I posted this in the "In The Can" section is that I´m going to New York city some time between May and June for a couple of weeks.
And I would love get to know those of you who live in the city and (if you´re in production of a short or a feature) help you out in some way. It would be a pleasure!
So let me know.

-Jonas Thorbjoern.

Mr.

Hmm well...no replies.

What about just meeting with me somewhere then? I know this may sound weird, but I really want to get to know somebody who´s in the same position as me.
Not necessarlily an amateur-director, but also cinematographer, editor, composer, producer, whatever.
It´s all about getting a network and help each other out in the future. That´s the general idea!

I´m in new york from 13 May to 3 June. Please think about it.

The dane,
Jonas Thorbjoern.

Kal

Jonas, I think you lost everyone at "Michael Bay"...

Anyways, you should probably get to know people here and post more before anyone in NY will be interesting in sitting down with you at Pinkberry. So just mingle and enjoy the crazyness and geekness of Xixax and you may make some friends!

BESIDES, this is posted in the wrong section... so a lot of people wont see it.

metaesthetic

hello, my name's mike and i live on the buckle of the bible belt. a member of this site for a while, i've spent most of my time lurking. a course of action i can finally correct now through steady internet access. a friend of ours introduced me to this site after we opened a video store.

my passions are music, fine art, lit and film. for reasons beyond my understanding, i crave that which i have never heard nor seen. sort of a devourer of film and music, i subject myself to the rest to catch the best. the works of jodorowsky and herzog give me warm fuzzies.

a little list of what i've enjoyed this summer:
in film
sukiyaki western django, the dark knight, teeth, attack the gas station, and inland empire

for music
man man - rabbit habits, girltalk - feed the animals, the dodos - visiter, the roots - rising down, and tom waits - orphans

thank you
A Comedian died last night, and nobody cares. Nobody Cares but Me.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

RegularKarate

Quote from: metaesthetic on August 03, 2008, 04:29:06 PM
hello, my name's mike and i live on the buckle of the bible belt.

I'm also from Oklahoma

(get out)

Bram

Quote from: Bram on April 03, 2007, 06:32:43 AM
Well, Hello there. I'm new.
Well, let's make this a reintroduction. I came here a year and a half ago, but the Spanglish somehow freaked me out and I even forgot about the fact that I was already registered (sorry about that, moderators). Anyhow, my name is Bram, I'm 19 years old and I'm still a student in Video and Photography. The thing is I make more video's than still images and I hope to become this a great filmmaker in the future. I'm currently working on a documentary about the reunion of a 80's New Wave band from Holland which probably will be available on DVD next year. At least, that's what I've heard.

I love watching films. I love writing about films. I love making films. I love thinking about films. That's basically it.

So without further introduction: hi.

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

private witt

I'm Private Witt and I got killed at the end of 'The Thin Red Line'.
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

private witt

I didn't know where else to ask this:  Who picks out the screen shots for the marque?  They're great.  Love seeing so many shots that aren't very complex, yet if you know the film you immediately understand why they were picked. 
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

Kal

Quote from: private witt on February 06, 2009, 01:55:04 AM
I didn't know where else to ask this:  Who picks out the screen shots for the marque?  They're great.  Love seeing so many shots that aren't very complex, yet if you know the film you immediately understand why they were picked. 

here http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=2294.0

private witt