Avalon

Started by (kelvin), April 27, 2003, 10:58:36 AM

(kelvin)

Has anybody seen Mamoru Oshii's "Avalon"? It may be the best film ever about virtual reality. I loved the sepia touch of the images. It creates such an intense effect that the return to "normal" colours at the end of the film is really overwhelmimg. The soundtrack is one of the best I ever heard.

Newtron

Thought this was a thread about the last track on Agaetis Byrjun. :yabbse-sad:

Dirk

Quote from: NewtronThought this was a thread about the last track on Agaetis Byrjun. :yabbse-sad:

I know, too bad. Apparently that song is Staralfur slowed down 400 times and in reverse  :?

EDIT - meant this  :shock:  instead of this  :?
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Newtron

Quote from: DirkApparently that song is Staralfur slowed down 400 times and in reverse  :?
I was not aware.

The end does sound like strings being plucked and............ lots........ of............ silence. And the track is around 400 seconds, so there may be truth in what you say. Indubitably.