Kevin Smith talks shit about Magnolia AGAIN!

Started by Henry Krinkle, February 11, 2005, 08:38:45 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: RonenI beleive the proper term would be 'running gag' !!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand; are you PTA's mother?
i believe the proper term would be '4 months ago' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't understand; are you a kevin smith fan/tard?
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Some dudes overrate PTA so much that even in praise they take it as a diss. KS, regardless of how awful he is, said something he is working on contains the good parts of Magnolia. How is that a diss? You could say that about anything, I only wanna contain the good parts of some movie. Most flicks don't even have good parts. I see it more as him mentioning PTA cause he respects him, he could have just as easily cited a number of different movies that PTA ripped off and it would have given the same impression. Maybe the good part they were talking about was the cinematography? Cause that's really the only thing in my mind that deserves overpraising when it comes to PTA. And even that is Elswit.

Richard Kelly cracks me up though. When everyone turns 20 they will realize Donnie Darko is kind of silly, like I did.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Stefen Posts Ghetto?Richard Kelly cracks me up though. When everyone turns 20 they will realize Donnie Darko is kind of silly, like I did.

No it isn't. It's great.

Anyway, agreed with what you said about Smith respecting PTA but not about him beeing overpraised. He cannot be overpraised. Okey, maybe in Xixax, but that's 'cause he's the man.
Si

Neil

round-round-getta-round, i get around.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Alethia

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

hedwig

Quote from: Neilso Give richard kelly the credit he deserves, he  made a good movie for what it is....not a PTA rip off not a Lynch esque film,

call me crazy, but PTA rip-offs and lynch-esque films are a-okay with me.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Pubrick

Quote from: SleuthWAS THAT NEIL HAMBURGER
no, unfortunately. it's a real retard.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Quote from: NeilJackie Browne is "Rum Punch" By Elmore Leonard but with a ________...yes Tarantino twist.

hahaha, thats all I need to respond with________..really
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pumba

Tictacbk

QuoteFirst of all the whole "donnie darko will be silly when you're 20" is probably the dumbest thing i've ever read.....my I.Q. dropped several points after reading that.....Also, i would like to add, that Kelly did absolutely nothing wrong you people just take things way to far....let me just sum this up like this, Tarantino (who is one of my favorite film makers of all time) literally steals other peoples plots and ideas, BUT makes them his own, Pulp Fiction (his most acclaimed film) is a few recycled stories that have a sort of Tarantino twist on them....and Jackie Browne is "Rum Punch" By Elmore Leonard but with a ________...yes Tarantino twist....and I could keep going with kill bill, True Romance or whatever you want.....however I think he is an amazing film maker....this is because he never says anywhere "hey this is fresh original, and nothing has ever been made like this before" Tarantino never said anyhting like that at all, and neither did Richard Kelly.....Both of those guys (Kelly, and Tarantino, and even Kevin Smith) just want to make somthing they enjoy, that they want other people to see......so Give richard kelly the credit he deserves, he made a good movie for what it is....not a PTA rip off not a Lynch esque film, Let donnie darko be what it is......And On a side Note I understand this is a PTA forum, and he's very good, i just needed to put that out there so i'm semi-on topic

that post made me want to gouge my eyes out.

but i just settled for posting for the first time in months to show my anger.

Sleuth

nnnnnnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEIL HAAAAAMBURGER
I like to hug dogs

finlayr

how does kevin smith hate magnolia and PTA?  Why etc?
Filmmaker

I Don't Believe in Beatles

"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick