Kill Bill: Volume Two

Started by MacGuffin, September 24, 2003, 01:38:09 AM

j_scott_stroup04

The fight with Bill better be BADASS, especially now that we have to wait a helluva lot longer than we were originally supposed to.  I have no worries though, I know Quentin will deliver....he always does  8)
"The sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"- Rolling Stones

"When I am King you will be first against the wall!"- Radiohead

modage

interesting quote from David Carradine in new EW...

EW: So to speak.  Pre-Bill, were you a Tarantino fan?
DC: At least Quentin's doing new things.  Even Martin Scorsese's doing the same things over and over.  It's always gangs.  Except for The Last Temptation of Christ.  And I made him do that.  I gave him the book and said, "If you don't make this, you're an idiot."  He said, "You can play Jesus and Barbara [Hershey] can play Mary!"  Took Him 15 years to make it.  I was too old by then-Jesus had passed me by.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SoNowThen

Quote from: themodernage02interesting quote from David Carradine in new EW...

DC: Even Martin Scorsese's doing the same things over and over.  It's always gangs.  Except for The Last Temptation of Christ.

And Raging Bull, and King Of Comedy, and Age Of Innocence, and Bringing Out The Dead...

nice try, Dave.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

MacGuffin

That's the first time I ever heard of David Carradine mentioned about giving Scorsese the book. Scorsese has always given credit to Barbara Hershey for "Last Temptation."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: SoNowThenAge Of Innocence
that's about gangs. vicious ones.
under the paving stones.

Kal

Quote from: MacGuffinThey gave away the ending in the trailer: In the year 2003, Uma Thurman will Kill Bill.

well these idiots dont even know how to do a damn trailer... cause its 2004 and the fucker will still be alive til april  :roll:

ElPandaRoyal

"In the Year 2003, Uma Thurman will Kill Two of the Deadly Viper Assassins, leaving the rest to the second volume, due in 2004"

or just

"In the Year 2003, Uma Thurman will Kill Bill: Vol. 1"

Now these would be perfect taglines  :roll:
Si

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaum"In the Year 2003, Uma Thurman will Kill Two of the Deadly Viper Assassins, leaving the rest to the second volume, due in 2004"

or just

It's not a perfect tagline if it doesn't have Quentin's name all over it.
context, context, context.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: chuckhimselfo
Quote from: RoyalTenenbaum"In the Year 2003, Uma Thurman will Kill Two of the Deadly Viper Assassins, leaving the rest to the second volume, due in 2004"

or just

It's not a perfect tagline if it doesn't have Quentin's name all over it.

Let me correct myself:

"In the Year 2003, QUENTIN TARANTINO will make Uma Thurman Kill Bill: Vol. 1, which is his 4th film after three masterpieces and an Academy Award. I know you wished to be like him, but no.... you'rejust gonna go and see his movies. AH!"
Si

analogzombie

Quote from: SoNowThenBringing Out The Dead...

that's just Taxi Driver 2: Ambulance Driver
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

Alethia

Quote from: analogzombie

oh but it's so much more....

brockly

apparently the soundtrack is coming out late feb.

Alethia

analogzombie

Quote from: eward
Quote from: analogzombie

oh but it's so much more....

oh don't get me wrong I really Like Bringing out the Dead. But I wouldn't use it as an example of how Scorses takes on new ideas and original projects.
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

brockly

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,108095,00.html

this is interesting (half-way down)

Quotesongs that were cut from the first chapter.
:?: