What is your Perfect CD Rotation?

Started by SHAFTR, September 23, 2003, 12:24:10 AM

rustinglass

Quote from: Meatwad
Joni Mitchell- Blue

Nice choice.That's a fucking great album!
Do you know Nina Nastasia?
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Find Your Magali

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Teen WolfBy the way, Magali, I've been meaning to ask you, who's your lady friend?

Oh man!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe you guys guessed it so quickly!

Now I'm going to have to come up with something new for my avatar.  :(

meatwad

Quote from: rustinglass
Nice choice.That's a fucking great album!
Do you know Nina Nastasia?

nope. should i have?

rustinglass

She's very good, I would define her music as a crossing between joni mitchel and beth gibbons, but it is a little different of anything else.

I recommend that you listen to her album "the blackened air", i think you'll like it. download it if you must.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Pas

My current CD rotation

The Queen is Dead - The Smiths
Farewell to Kings - Rush
Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me - The The Cure
Songs from the Big Chair - Tears for Fears
The Very Best of Johnny Winter - Johnny Winter

meatwad

Quote from: rustinglassShe's very good, I would define her music as a crossing between joni mitchel and beth gibbons, but it is a little different of anything else.

I recommend that you listen to her album "the blackened air", i think you'll like it. download it if you must.

i'm going to have to blind buy the album. My fucking school won't allow us to use any of the programs to download songs

Kev Hoffman

Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: Kev Hoffman"Abbey Road" The Beatles
"The Bends" Radiohead
"Pink Moon" Nick Drake
"The Best of Otis Redding" Otis Redding
"What's the Story (Morning Glory)?" Oasis
"London Calling" The Clash

and for the seventh there is a few ties:

"Is This It" The Strokes
"Velvet Underground & Nico" Velvet Underground
&
"Bitches Brew" Miles Davis
(edit: both discs)

I like you.

What would I have had to put to be loved?  Just curious :roll:

SoNowThen

Quote from: Kev Hoffman
Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: Kev Hoffman"Abbey Road" The Beatles
"The Bends" Radiohead
"Pink Moon" Nick Drake
"The Best of Otis Redding" Otis Redding
"What's the Story (Morning Glory)?" Oasis
"London Calling" The Clash

and for the seventh there is a few ties:

"Is This It" The Strokes
"Velvet Underground & Nico" Velvet Underground
&
"Bitches Brew" Miles Davis
(edit: both discs)

I like you.

What would I have had to put to be loved?  Just curious :roll:

Well, I wanted to go with the more masculine "like", but because you asked....

perhaps a substitution of Sticky Fingers for Abbey Road, and Parachutes for London Calling...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

coffeebeetle

PDL soundtrack
The Soft Bulletin-The Flaming Lips
When the Pawn-Fiona Apple
Steal this Album-System of a Down
Different Times: The 70s-Lou Reed
Kind of Blue-Miles Davis
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Fernando

Vespertine - Bjork

Ágaetis Byrjun - Sigur Rós

Moon Safari - Air

Grace Under Pressure - Rush

Ocean's 11 - Soundtrack (2001)

Dave Holland Quartet - Extensions

Pas

Quote from: Fernando
Grace Under Pressure - Rush

Always nice to see a fellow fan

rustinglass

Quote from: Meatwad
Quote from: rustinglassShe's very good, I would define her music as a crossing between joni mitchel and beth gibbons, but it is a little different of anything else.

i'm going to have to blind buy the album. My fucking school won't allow us to use any of the programs to download songs

If you're (or anyone) is still interested, there is a free track here
-Emir Kusturica

phil marlowe

mr bungle - disco volante
tom waits - swordfishtrombones
zao - were blood and fire brings rest
snoop dogg - tha last meal
norma jean - kiss the martyr and bless the child
massive attack - mezzanine

NEON MERCURY

a  :?: ..on  this soundtrack is it pretty much all upbeat, funky, jazzy stuff b/c i want this but unsure of what its like..it s a cool choice

Fernando

Quote from: NEON MERCURY

a  :?: ..on  this soundtrack is it pretty much all upbeat, funky, jazzy stuff b/c i want this but unsure of what its like..it s a cool choice

Yes, with some minor exceptions everything is all upbeat, funky, jazzy stuff as you said, I love it and think is worth buying, as a matter of fact, of all people who's returning to O'12 David Holmes is as essential as any of the stars.