a visual defense.

Started by NEON MERCURY, May 10, 2004, 11:19:51 PM

NEON MERCURY

i just wanted to give props outto the people doing this [JB and Mog..right?]
very cool stuff guys.......i haven t seen barry L....or J and the pussy...and those threads are working me to do so.....much props......

....any chance of a visual defense of the thin red line?....

bonanzataz

i'd recommend a visual defense of bride of chucky. that movie had some killer cinematography. get it? KILLER cinematography...?

aw, the hell with you all...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pubrick

dont' start with the props threads again.

meanwhile, visual defenses are only good when they are ironic.
under the paving stones.

The Silver Bullet

Indeed. The moment it becomes a matter of, "These screen caps are particularly pretty," then we'll know that the dead horse has been flogged.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

mogwai

Quote from: NEON MERCURY....any chance of a visual defense of the thin red line?....
jb, up for it?
Quote from: bonanzatazget it? KILLER cinematography...?

aw, the hell with you all...
to hell with you for not letting us getting the chance to laugh.
Quote from: Pubrickvisual defenses are only good when they are ironic.
i don't understand that, please elaborate.
Quote from: The Silver BulletIndeed. The moment it becomes a matter of, "These screen caps are particularly pretty," then we'll know that the dead horse has been flogged.
we've done a lot (capping) before so i don't see any problems with it now.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: NEON MERCURY....any chance of a visual defense of the thin red line?....
jb, up for it?
You go right ahead, I have some Kangaroo Jack capping to do.

Pubrick

Quote from: mogwaii don't understand that, please elaborate.
like u said, there is nothing morally objective to making a visual defense for every movie ever made,. but it was funny the first time cos Josie and the Pussycats is underrated, that was the joke. then the second time it was funny cos Barry Lyndon is generally acknowledged as the most beautiful picture ever.. so to visually defend it is ironic.

if every good-looking movie gets a visual defense, where's the challenge in that? most ppl hav trouble enuff getting the Barry Lyndon joke. but like u said, there is nothing wrong with doing it. it just loses any sort of creativity when we just pat each other on the back by choosing movies which are obviously good looking, and don't NEED a visual defense.

ok, so what i'm saying is, maybe it's just me, but i thought the phrase "visual defense" was charming because it was a rebuttal, a defense against sum sort of attack. thin red line has no reason to defend itself. it's like a pre-emptive strike.
under the paving stones.