Dream Collaborations

Started by meatwad, April 11, 2004, 01:40:39 PM

meatwad

I don't think anybody has ever started a thread for this, so i figured i'd start one now with a collaboration i'd always thought would be great....

John Waters and Tom Waits

El Duderino

johnny depp and edward norton
naomi watts and uma thurman
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Find Your Magali

Paul Thomas Anderson directing a Charlie Kaufman script. It's a comedy starring Martin Scorsese, Quentin Tarantino and Spike Jonze. Original score by Philip Glass.

LostEraser

Cool, John Waters and Tom Waits is a good one. I would also like to see Tom Waits work with David Lynch. They both have an interesting surreal look at life and all it's outcasts. Or maybe Paul Thomas Anderson. That would be cool if he made a movie of a bunch of intertwining stories based on the songs of Tom Waits just like he did with Aimee Mann. Now THAT would be cool.

I would say that Jim Carrey and Charlie Kaufman would be a great collaboration but that's already happened. But maybe Jim Carrey and Tim Burton would be a good one. But that kind of almost happened since Lemony Snicket looks almost exactly like a Burton film from the trailors. lol! Hmmm, now that I think about it, Carrey would have made a perfect Willy Wonka. But I'm sure Depp will be good too.

And I would love to see Burton direct a script by Charlie Kaufman. Burtons scripts always suck (yes, even Big Fish IMO) so it would be nice to see him direct a wonderful script that's up his alley. And I think Burton and Kaufman kind of have a similar zany, b movie outlook on life.
Capra tells us that, in effect, love's dreams are only dreams and that they will never quite bear translation into practical forms of relationship and expression. They will never be realized in the world but only in our consciousness and in our most daring and glorious works of art - but that, for Capra, is no reason to abandon love's dreams.
--Ray Carney, American Vision: The Films Of Frank Capra

ono

Quote from: Find Your MagaliPaul Thomas Anderson directing a Charlie Kaufman script. It's a comedy starring Martin Scorsese, Quentin Tarantino and Spike Jonze. Original score by Philip Glass.
Well, that's gotta be the funniest movie ever.  Scorsese and Tarantino - the fast talkers.  Maybe play father and son or something.  Jonze, Tarantino's cool-yet-aloof friend.  They cruise for chicks.  Or something.

Just Withnail

Director:
David Gordon Green

Cast:
Bruce Campbell
Bill Murray
David Hasselhoff
Richard E. Grant
Julie Christie

Music:
Jon Brion doing a jazzy score

Jeremy Blackman

Paul Thomas Anderson and Adam Sandler, music by Jon Brion.

grand theft sparrow

Nick Nolte, Gary Busey, and Michael Madsen as brothers in a gender-swapping King Lear set in rural Oklahoma, written by Billy Bob Thornton and directed by Clint Eastwood (who would also play the father).  

It could be called Grunt.

It would definitely work.

SoNowThen

^

Brilliant.

Fuck, I'd pay to see that.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

pete

I thought a collaboration between Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson will absolutely kill, but I was so dead wrong, twice.
They were funny though.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

A World Apart

How about a collaboration I had at the mere age of 14, along with recent ideas of movie plot.

Jean-Claude Van Damme
Steven Segal

A gang of samuri warriors has taken over Little Italy. Only these two men can stop them. Their troubles begin when they come face to face with the head gang members....it's their TWINS!!! dun dun dunnnn
Watch Van Damme kick his leg really high
Watch Segal not be able to even lift his leg, but throw a mean punch as a stands perfectly still.
THERE IS "NO ESCAPE, NO SURRENDER" WHEN YOU ARE "MARKED FOR DEATH"
Title: Quadruple Impact
Directed by: Akira Kurosawa
Musical Score by: Justin Timberlake, only his natural beat-box
No, I've never seen that, I've never seen anyone drive their garbage out to the curb and bang the hell out of it with a stick.

soixante

Clint Eastwood in a Western written and directed by Quentin Tarantino.
Music is your best entertainment value.

SoNowThen

Continuing the trend:

A Scorsese western written by Paul Schrader and shot by Michael Chapman.

or,

Ridley Scott directing a script by Mamet
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

molly

Quote from: Find Your MagaliPaul Thomas Anderson directing a Charlie Kaufman script.  Original score by Philip Glass.

STarring anybody who fits the role(s).

Sleuth

Quote from: soixanteClint Eastwood in a Western written and directed by Quentin Tarantino.

I thought this said, "Clint Eastwood is a Western written and directed by Quentin Tarantino."  That was awesome.
I like to hug dogs