PTA DVD Project?

Started by depooter, April 11, 2003, 07:18:18 PM

aclockworkjj

so what's the deal with this thingy?  Is it still happening?  I want one, and offer any help I can be in the process...I have finally become a DVD burning guru, well, sorta....but I have 2 burners at home and 1 at work, as well as too much time on my hands.  Let's get this thang cookin'!!!

wha ever happen to the idea of a xixax magnolia commentary?...or did we do that in the board screening?

Alethia

joyce kulhawik angers me.

sickfins

Quote from: aclockworkjjso what's the deal with this thingy?  Is it still happening?  I want one, and offer any help I can be in the process...I have finally become a DVD burning guru, well, sorta....but I have 2 burners at home and 1 at work, as well as too much time on my hands.  Let's get this thang cookin'!!!

jesus man be patient

Quote from: aclockworkjjwha ever happen to the idea of a xixax magnolia commentary?...or did we do that in the board screening?

:yabbse-sad:

aclockworkjj

Quote from: sickfinsjesus man be patient
ah, I didn't realize this idea was just started in Aug., feels longer ago.  My apoligizes for being antsy...carry on.

ono

The idea's been around since April, actually.  At least, that's when the thread started.  I'd just like a straight answer if this thing's happening or not.  I'd do what I could to help, as would most other people wanting to see it happen.  Even paying costs for a copy for myself, which is probably a given anyway.

So?

depooter

yes. it's happening. These things take time. We got lots of material to transfer, menus to create, trying to squeeze as much as possible on one dvd, then finding someone who can replicate multiple copies, accept payment, ship them out, etc., etc.

be patient, it will get done and will be worth the wait.

thanks
Greg

Thecowgoooesmooo

Quoteyes. it's happening. These things take time. We got lots of material to transfer, menus to create, trying to squeeze as much as possible on one dvd, then finding someone who can replicate multiple copies, accept payment, ship them out, etc., etc.

be patient, it will get done and will be worth the wait.

thanks
Greg

I work at a Video Production place...

I can transfer it over to dvd.
I can make dvds.
And I can replicate dvds.

Let me know if you need any help with this, because Im the guy to go to, when your dealing with video pro.

chris
thecowgoooesmooo@aol.com

Pozer

ono

Any news yet?  And, I know I probably sound like the proverbial kid in the back seat constantly asking "are we there yet?" but hey, it's only every month or so.

So, are we there yet?

sickfins

originally planned as a christmas present, according to sources this project hits full swing this month (oooo) and will be finished following shortly

ask sphinx

boombanglarrabee

Quote from: sickfinsoriginally planned as a christmas present, according to sources this project hits full swing this month (oooo) and will be finished following shortly

ask sphinx

Christmas is out, more like Easter????  :!:  :?:
Also: You have 82 posts.... that's cool.

The Perineum Falcon

I'd love to get in on this. Looking forward to it one day happening.

But I'd like to add an idea for the DVD:
How about ya'll include the radio interviews? While the audio's running you could have a stills gallery specific to what they're talking about. For example, when they're talking about a specific scene in Magnolia, show stills from that scene to better illustrate what they're discussing.

Just a thought.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

modage

that wont take an even way longer time.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

isnt there a radio interview where burt reynolds gets really pissed at paul or something?

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: themodernage02that wont take an even way longer time.
Oh, like we don't have time to waste anyway.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.