10,000 B.C.

Started by MacGuffin, July 10, 2007, 08:08:51 PM

MacGuffin

Teaser Trailer

Release Date: March 7, 2008

Starring: Steven Strait, Camilla Belle, Omar Sharif, Marco Khanlian, Cliff Curtis

Director: Roland Emmerich (Independence Day)

Premise: Epic tale that centers on three stages in the development of primitive man, as seen through a 21-year-old hunter from a primitive tribe who must hunt mammoth to survive.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

B.C. Long

Roland Emmerich and Michael Bay have to be related somehow.

Kal

They fucked and had a son... called Brett Ratner

72teeth

...um, so that was a teaser trailer teaser... what's next, bottled water?
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

this movie is already dated.
under the paving stones.

Pozer

can the guy make a movie that doesn't have what point in time it is in the title?

B.C. Long

The last two comments made my nose bleed.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

this looks so boring i'm not even interested in the trailer...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Ok, I saw it.

I like cavemen.

I didn't see any of the trailers, I had just heard about it.  I had hoped they weren't going to be speaking English and just be hunting Mammoths.  That would've been fine.

I don't see why they even spoke English whereas the other tribes got subtitled with made up languages.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

RegularKarate

That's all you have to say about it, Walrus?

I got almost exactly what I wanted out of this... a hilarious pile of ultimate garbage.

- Cavemen speaking english isn't the half of it- they speak it with a ridiculous accent that makes no sense.
- If you save a Sabretooth tiger, he will remember you and be your friend
- Evidently, the pyramids were built with golden tips and not by the egyptians, but weird monster men and this were done so with the help of wooly mamoths
- There is a Bill Pulman ID4 type speech... I was really thinking he would say "This is OUR Ten Thousand B.C.!"

what i liked the most is how sensitive and caring cavemen used to be. they were emotionally in touch with their feelings , being the first human beings in this planet. there's romance with a girl with mediterranean etnicity and blue eyes, and TWO father and son stories.  10 out of 10. (5 stars out of 5)
context, context, context.