Revolutions or Return of the King?

Started by Banky, September 18, 2003, 09:56:11 PM

Find Your Magali

Quote from: RegularKarateGOD DAMN IT!

This is just the same as a damn spoiler...
I hate when people do this!

Well, I wasn't trying to be evil or anything.

And I certainly have no idea how Peter Jackson recrafted the ending for the movie. Maybe he mucked it all up and had Treebeard defeating Sauron by throwing Saruman's severed head at him and breaking his nose.

Anyway, I was just trying to convey the fact that if you haven't read the books and yet think you know where the third movie is going, then you're in for a great ride, because you don't know jack.

And as far as spoilers go. Well, sheesh, the books have been out for 50 years...

©brad

well both films will be experiences i will always remember, just like my parents tell me how they remember seeing star wars in the theaters and stuff. hopefully ill tell my kids what it was like to see these movies. i couldnt be more excited about this upcoming year.

i really don't understand all this criticism regarding reloaded. well, i take that back, cuz any movie w/ that much hype is bound to dissapoint sum, i guess. but man, i couldn't have asked for a better movie. plain and simple. and now, especially after reading these links picolbug has been posting, i can sit here now and safely say that ive never been more excited about seeing a movie than i am right now. ever.

MacGuffin

I think what RK is pissed about is that you are hyping it, like what filmcritic did with "Matchstick Men" in saying that "the ending will blow everyone away."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Find Your Magali

Quote from: MacGuffinI think what RK is pissed about is that you are hyping it, like what filmcritic did with "Matchstick Men" in saying that "the ending will blow everyone away."

Fair enough. I will try not to join the hype (which is certainly going to be ridiculous come December).

My two cents is simply this:

1. I am looking forward ROTK more than Revolutions.

2. I think ROTK will be an above-average movie

3. I think that, if you haven't read the books, you probably only know about 92.2 percent of what will happen in ROTK.  The other 7.8 percent will, hopefully, not be what you might have anticipated.

Banky

it is weird that quite possibly with these two movies coming out( wether you like one or the other) this could be the most excited we get about a movie ever.  I mean you never know, this type of phenomenon might not happen again for a long time.  I just hope that like 20 years from now the wachowskis dont decide to make prequals to the Matrix trilogy.

Find Your Magali

I don't think I'll ever be excited as I was waiting for Episode I.

It was a chance to recapture my youth.

Turns out, you can't do that.

Banky

http://www.filecity.gr/file.asp?rec=3579

watch these spots and i think some of you will be thinking twice

I just got done viewing them and they totally re-enforce my vote that somewhere deep inside i have a feeling that Revolutions will blow every fucking thing any of us think away................

"As long as theres a single breathe in his body, he will never give up, and niehter can we"   -Morpheus

shit gives me chills

MacGuffin

How are you opening those files, Banky?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Vile5

Return of the King!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just can't wait for it!!!!!
and honestly after Matrix Reloaded i don't want to see the next Matrix movie
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Banky

Quote from: MacGuffinHow are you opening those files, Banky?

im just downloading them to the comp.  Un zipping them at watching.

Gold Trumpet

I'm going with Return of the King because it will be likely the greater failure. I'm not a fan of any series. I liked the original Matrix, but the second is something else and the third is likely to mirror that something else so I imagine both films will be similiar in explosiveness and tone with just different stories. Unlike Two Towers, I guess Return of the King promises an all out war. I wanna see how they play that out.

P.S. My words doesn't mean I'm going into these movies already hating them. I am just going in with assumptions given my reaction to the earlier ones. I hope I'm surprised, but I doubt it.

Fernando

Quote from: stuart braithwaitei had the worst experience ever watching the towers at the cinema. two young punks in front of me started to giggle because a dude way behind me had a neverending cough. everytime he had to cough they laughed quietly. and they also kept themselves entertained by throwing popcorn at people in front of them. if that wasn't enough there was a cunt behind me who kept bumping my seat. i was pissed off that i wanted to tear the punks and the cunt's heads off and stomp on them.

i doubt that i will share this story to my future kids.

Not to brag or anything but my expierences with both LOTR have been wonderful, we're lucky to have a theater that is VIP, the VIP is exactly as any cinema but instead of regular seats they have leather recliners, it's amazing because for a film like LOTR which lasts three hours plus, you are not even tired, and the space between every row makes the 'bumping of some moron from the back seat' impossible.

They're sort of like this picture but it also has a place to put the soda, the only downside is that they have waiters so sometimes people are asking for food or whatever, but so far every experience has been great.

Admission price is around $9.00 dls. which is double of a regular theater.

NEON MERCURY

./..Man..this easy its Return of the king  reloaded was a slick visual piece and thats it ...So far the lord of the rings films have/had/has accomplished what makes epic filming what it is ..All Matrix does is give you a colpremisae, great visuals and horrible, horrible horrible, horrible horriblre horrible acting from Keanua Fishburne, Moss, etc, etc, etc, etc, the film will do nothing toi further film history..None of the matrx films can't hold a candle to what the lord of the rings film  will/has/had  done/do.....THINK ABOUTR IT....compare the first two films in the matrix vs... the first two lord of thetrings films and..........the latter of the two film franchises eclipses what film making is and how you measure a film on EVERY possible level think of the lord of the rings film as analogous to the Godfather trilogy.....IMO...

ShanghaiOrange

I've got an idea. Lord of the Matrix Rings: Return of the Revolutions.
Neo and Frodo finally get to Mount Doom and meet Sauron the Architect and some other shit happens. :(

Yeah, nevermind. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Banky

Quote..All Matrix does is give you a colpremisae, great visuals and horrible, horrible horrible, horrible horriblre horrible acting from Keanua Fishburne, Moss, etc, etc, etc, etc, the film will do nothing toi further film history..None of the matrx films can't hold a candle to what the lord of the rings film  will/has/had  ...[/size]

thats a bit extreme