Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

Started by El Duderino, July 11, 2004, 02:04:57 AM

killafilm

Feeling lazy,

so in short I agree with Pubrick.

It felt like alot was cut out, mainly with Hermoine.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: killafilm on December 13, 2005, 08:08:46 PM
It felt like alot was cut out, mainly with Hermoine.

Quote from: Pubrick on December 13, 2005, 07:50:23 PM
Quote from: hacksparrow on November 21, 2005, 09:57:06 AM
the SPEW subplot
what is that?

SPEW was a house-elf rights campaign that Hermione launched in the book. She was so disgusted with Crouch's treatment of his house-elf that she basically becomes an abolitionist for elves, trying to get a petition going to lobby Hogwarts to free all the elves who cook and clean, etc. (better than it sounds).  The upside to cutting it out was that all the house-elves would bring on the Jar-Jar factor that Dobby brought to the second movie, only 100-fold, but everything that was the Hermione we know and love was concentrated into this subplot and when they took it out of the movie, they made her just another chick at Hogwarts.

Just Withnail

Quote from: Pubrick on December 13, 2005, 07:50:23 PM
worked
-when hermoine screams at ron at the end of the ball (but where the hell did that come from?? she was acting as if he'd been bothering her the whole nite but all we saw was him making a couple of smart ass comments early on.)

My favorite part of the film. The whole ball sequence brought me right back to fifteen, but that moment the most. Those sudden bursts of emotion...its out-of-the-blue-ness was perfect.

modage

JUST AWFUL AWFUL COVERART.  and i think the 2 Disc silver may even be worse.  it looks like Harry has been colorized by Ted Turner from black and white.  it makes me want to not watch the film.  why couldnt they have kept the packaging consistent with the first two films?

Title: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Released: 7th March 2006
SRP: $28.98 & $30.97

Further Details:
Warner Home Video has officially announced Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire which stars Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint. The film will be available to own in single-disc and double-disc editions from the 7th March this year. Each will carry a 2.40:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer, along with English and Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. The single-disc release will be featureless, and should retail at around $28.98. The double-disc special edition will include additional scenes, Conversations with the Cast, a Preparing for the Yule Ball featurette, a Reflections on the Fourth Film featurette, multiple interactive games (Dragon Challenge, Harry vs. the Horntail: The First Task, Meet the Champions, Lake Challenge, In Too Deep: The Second Task, Maze Challenge, To the Graveyard and Back Challenge, The Maze: The Third Task and He Who Must Not Be Named), an EA game demo and a Hogwarts Timeline. This one will retail at $30.97. Lastly, there will be an eight-disc Harry Potter Collection housing all four of the Potter films. This will retail at $73.92. We've attached the official region one package artwork below:

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.