To Newbs, introduce yourself.

Started by Xixax, January 08, 2003, 01:13:48 PM

last days of gerry the elephant

Hey guys, glad to be member 1101 here on Xixax!
My name is Mustafa, and I'm currently studying design (graphic design specifically) in a 4 year program.
I am a p.t. anderson fan, without a doubt... And currently favoring films such as; Punch-Drunk Love, Kill Bill, Ran, Ichi The Killer, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, House of Flying Daggers, and my favorite film, True Romance. There are plenty others I'm interested in, and you could view my collection/wishlist here on aficionado - http://dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=mustafa

I hope to learn more from all of you on here about whatever it maybe, and just looking to spend some time with other film buffs' as myself!

FORT

i only did the dbl-pst thing cuz i dint want a blu bg for my intro post, needed to take advantage of the beige.

i renamed the subj. cuz i was jus tryin to be cute, dont really care if it goes unnoticed...

for the wreck chord - i was around b4 the era of a.jonze;

...too clever for his own good, he was his own biggest fan.
...maddeningly irreverant, he spoke in rhymes n riddles n rub rub rub-a-dub,
to the point of ad nauseam at times, yet showed pubes great quantities of respeck (well-deserved tho it may be.)

Q:
...are 'edit stains' only visible now if an admin has done the modification..?
(sry to pico if i gave awy ur addy, figured u got rid of it. i got a lil too detailed wit my scripts)
"..we had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole multi-colored collection of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers, also; a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls.. not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. the only thing that really worried me was the ether. there is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

picolas

s'ok. edit stains by the original poster are also visible when the edit is made 30 minutes post-post.

FORT

but not to the poster, only to the public?
"..we had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole multi-colored collection of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers, also; a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls.. not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. the only thing that really worried me was the ether. there is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

picolas

FORT

Jeremy Blackman

Trent

Hello hello hello, everybody. My name is Trent and I finally made my first post here yesterday after some months of reading and getting info from this place. I love the positive discussion that goes on here; must be because you lovely posters aren't bitter about everything, so you don't have anything to take out on the Intarweb.  :) Well, I hope I post a little more in the future, because this here's a fine establishment you guys run!  :bravo:

Have a great day!

polkablues

Quote from: Trent on February 26, 2006, 04:37:33 PM
I love the positive discussion that goes on here; must be because you lovely posters aren't bitter about everything

:shock:
And you've been reading for months now, you say?   

Anyways, howdy.   :waving:
My house, my rules, my coffee

Thrindle

Quote from: polkablues on February 26, 2006, 05:26:29 PM
Quote from: Trent on February 26, 2006, 04:37:33 PM
I love the positive discussion that goes on here; must be because you lovely posters aren't bitter about everything

:shock:
And you've been reading for months now, you say?   

Anyways, howdy.   :waving:
Sounds like he avoids "Idle Chatter"...
Classic.

polkablues

Quote from: Thrindle on February 26, 2006, 08:49:02 PM
Sounds like he avoids "Idle Chatter"...

Not to mention the Crash thread, the Loose Change thread, the New World thread, the Full Metal Jacket thread, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera...

I'm just saying, Trent, you may be in for a rough marriage once the honeymoon's over.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Trent

Hahaha. I stick to the director's forums to learn more about them and find out any updates. I usually avoid "General Discussion" types of forums, because that's when the fighting happens. But, see, you guys aren't tearing me apart, that's positive!   :)

...*waits to get torn apart*

matt35mm

I will protect you!  You're the fella that let us knew about the PTA Q&A, and I will be forever grateful for that.

Main tips: We're pretty much open to all opinions, so don't worry about sharing any that may be controversial.  People will argue their points against your points, but as long as you don't say anything ridiculously stupid, they most likely won't personally attack you.  Leave the more meaningless stuff until after you're a more seasoned poster.  And don't argue with Pubrick.  In fact, unless he mentions you as a particularly cool newbie, stay the hell away from him altogether.

That's all I've got for now.

modage

Quote from: matt35mm on February 27, 2006, 10:43:44 AM
I will protect you!  You're the fella that let us knew about the PTA Q&A, and I will be forever grateful for that.
it was actually up the day before at the unlikeliest of sources...
http://www.cigarettesandredvines.com/

let's tear him apart!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

matt35mm

Quote from: modage on February 27, 2006, 11:00:52 AM
Quote from: matt35mm on February 27, 2006, 10:43:44 AM
it was actually up the day before at the unlikeliest of sources...
http://www.cigarettesandredvines.com/

let's tear him apart!
Oh.  Well, he's still cool.