CITY OF GOD DVD?

Started by TENOCH, October 20, 2003, 08:36:01 PM

modage

Quote from: ©bradi don't care how many good movies miramax shits out. it's still no excuse for that kind of behavior. i mean, would you want to work there?
i agree, its no excuse.  reading the book makes me certain that i wouldnt want to work there.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

FeloniousFunk

According to Davisdvd.com:

Miramax Home Entertainment has postponed the release of City of God from February 17th to June 8th (ouch).

Ouch indeed.

You Never Got Me Down Ray

Today's Best Buy ad shows City of God as a new release this Tuesday. This must be a misprint, but I looked on Miramax.com and they still had Feb. 17th as the release date. What the hell is going on? I won't hold my breath, I'm gonna buy the HK release i think, I saw it for $10.
My life has taken another turn again. The days move along with regularity, over and over. One day indistinguishable from the next. A long, continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is change.

modage

oh GOD, not ed wood all over again!  :roll:  

'if anyone sees an extra copy, pick me up one and ill paypal you the money...'
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

Haha, this is gonna be fun.  Gives me something to do on rainy Tuesday afternoons.  :-D

MacGuffin

I doubt Best Buy will have any in stock. "Ed Wood" was an eleventh hour cancellation. Miramax had plenty of time (about three weeks) to tell the suppliers and warehouses about the delay this time 'round.

Although, if one were to double check, this time I'd suggest going straight to Borders.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Quote from: MacGuffinI doubt Best Buy will have any in stock. "Ed Wood" was an eleventh hour cancellation. Miramax had plenty of time (about three weeks) to tell the suppliers and warehouses about the delay this time 'round.

Although, if one were to double check, this time I'd suggest going straight to Borders.
i doubt they actually were shipped out this time and then recalled.  ill bet they never made it out to the stores.

©brad

Quote from: MacGuffin

why borders?

MacGuffin

Quote from: ©bradwhy borders?

Borders stores were selling "Ed Wood" DVDs because they didn't hear anything about the recall until their stock was already sold.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks